Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529477 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #220 on: 03 January 2016, 16:36 »
Happy new year, fellow detailers! No detailing today, but have just ordered a Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster from Clean Your Car ready for the next clean.

Been thinking about getting one for sometime to get rid of all that annoying trapped water and drips from mirror housings, grill, wheels etc when I dry the car, and Clean Your Car's 10% new year discount on all their products (other than those already on special offer) gave me the incentive to buy.

If anyone else needs any detailing gear and wants to get the benefit of their discount, it ends at midnight tonight. Discount code; NEWYEAR10

Happy New Year!

Sidekick is a great buy SRGTD.  Good tip about the CYC discount too. :smiley:

I've just upgraded to a MetroVac n Blo vacuum/dryer.  As it does drying duty too, my Sidekick may be up for sale in near future.  Atm someone else has first refusal on it but if not, it may be up for grabs for £40 if anyone is interested?  Its perfect condition but is missing the flat nozzle attachment (the less useful one) but has the long nozzle.  The other one is somewhere in the house but is evading detection atm.

pm sent  :wink:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #221 on: 03 January 2016, 17:32 »
Happy new year, fellow detailers! No detailing today, but have just ordered a Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster from Clean Your Car ready for the next clean.

Been thinking about getting one for sometime to get rid of all that annoying trapped water and drips from mirror housings, grill, wheels etc when I dry the car, and Clean Your Car's 10% new year discount on all their products (other than those already on special offer) gave me the incentive to buy.

If anyone else needs any detailing gear and wants to get the benefit of their discount, it ends at midnight tonight. Discount code; NEWYEAR10

Happy New Year!

Sidekick is a great buy SRGTD.  Good tip about the CYC discount too. :smiley:

I've just upgraded to a MetroVac n Blo vacuum/dryer.  As it does drying duty too, my Sidekick may be up for sale in near future.  Atm someone else has first refusal on it but if not, it may be up for grabs for £40 if anyone is interested?  Its perfect condition but is missing the flat nozzle attachment (the less useful one) but has the long nozzle.  The other one is somewhere in the house but is evading detection atm.

pm sent  :wink:

Replied!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #222 on: 05 January 2016, 16:08 »
Bought a bunch of stuff over Christmas but been raining on and off since I finished work. Not happy.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #223 on: 05 January 2016, 21:31 »
Bought a bunch of stuff over Christmas but been raining on and off since I finished work. Not happy.

What did you get?

It's a complete drag this constant rain. Hoping for a better weekend for some at TLC, but it ain't looking too promising :-(
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #224 on: 06 January 2016, 09:24 »

What did you get?

It's a complete drag this constant rain. Hoping for a better weekend for some at TLC, but it ain't looking too promising :-(

Very much like the rest of the country, it has rained on and off everyday Over the Christmas break.

Just replacing old stock but decided to get some wowo stuff (foam applicators, microfibres and drying cloth) and Neil kindly threw in a clay mitt. Bought some valet pro advanced neutral  snow foam as my auto finesse snow foam had finished. I also just stocked up on iron out and I thought I'd try the new auto finesse ultra glaze and the dodo juice supernatural hybrid paste that you recommended to me some time ago.

Tbh I need to get on to my dad. He was talking about constructing a sheltered car port at his house and I can use that when raining.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #225 on: 06 January 2016, 17:51 »

What did you get?

Very much like the rest of the country, it has rained on and off everyday Over the Christmas break.

Just replacing old stock but decided to get some wowo stuff (foam applicators, microfibres and drying cloth) and Neil kindly threw in a clay mitt. Bought some valet pro advanced neutral  snow foam as my auto finesse snow foam had finished. I also just stocked up on iron out and I thought I'd try the new auto finesse ultra glaze and the dodo juice supernatural hybrid paste that you recommended to me some time ago.

Tbh I need to get on to my dad. He was talking about constructing a sheltered car port at his house and I can use that when raining.

All the WoWo stuff is truly excellent as you will find out. Let us know what you think of it all, including the AF glaze and DoDo Juice SNH, which is very nice compliment to a wash with the DJ Suernatural Shampoo.  :smiley:

Yes, failing a garage, a covered area for cleaning would be very nice!  Persuade your dad.  :wink:
« Last Edit: 06 January 2016, 17:53 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #226 on: 09 January 2016, 19:34 »
So of you may know I'm in to detailing, although a bit of a newbie, so any paint issue is unacceptable, certainly one where a respray will be required.

So this is the misalignment on the boot, and what it has caused

This has cut through the clear coat and paint and into the base coat.

2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline VWB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #227 on: 09 January 2016, 20:01 »
Ouch. Is it from something poorly aligned or a distorted panel? Is it still rubbing?

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #228 on: 09 January 2016, 20:08 »
Ouch. Is it from something poorly aligned or a distorted panel? Is it still rubbing?

Boot lid is sitting to low and has damaged the bumper. Car is 3 weeks old
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #229 on: 09 January 2016, 21:42 »
That is quite shocking remlapeel.  :cry:

Doesn't matter what the car is, totally unacceptable. What's the dealer said?  Your Jag is looking even more like a candidate for possible rejection now.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual