Author Topic: New GTD Reviews  (Read 133085 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: New GTD Reviews
« Reply #190 on: 22 February 2015, 23:00 »
That's about 4 months old that article.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
« Reply #191 on: 24 February 2015, 20:20 »
Group test featuring the GTD versus the new diesel ST and the Volvo V40.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/focus/90551/ford-focus-st-diesel-vs-volvo-v40-vw-golf-gtd
Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG

Offline virtual camper

• Not said much yet
« Reply #192 on: 01 March 2015, 21:52 »
Before deciding on the mk7 GTD as my next car, I had a Volvo v40 D4 R design for five days on test drive. Could not wait to hand it back and get back into my mk6 GT. The Volvo made me and my passengers feel car sick!
 Best feature was the folding boot floor. Lol.

Also test drove a skoda Octavia vrs disel. Good car but felt a version behind the golf, Lots of mk 6 switch gear. Also the numbers didn't work for a company car.

Can't say anything about the Ford.I didn't really know about it in November last year.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #193 on: 01 March 2015, 22:10 »
Was it an old Octavia vrs as the new one uses exactly the same switch gear as the mk7 golf.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline virtual camper

• Not said much yet
« Reply #194 on: 01 March 2015, 22:40 »
My mistake. it was a new one, but everything, especially the radio seemed a version behind the golf. there was no drama in the cabin like there is in a golf.

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
« Reply #195 on: 02 March 2015, 17:19 »
Before deciding on the mk7 GTD as my next car, I had a Volvo v40 D4 R design for five days on test drive. Could not wait to hand it back and get back into my mk6 GT. The Volvo made me and my passengers feel car sick!
 Best feature was the folding boot floor. Lol.

Also test drove a skoda Octavia vrs disel. Good car but felt a version behind the golf, Lots of mk 6 switch gear. Also the numbers didn't work for a company car.

Can't say anything about the Ford.I didn't really know about it in November last year.

Every Volvo I have been in has made me feel car sick. My Wife wants a new XC60 next year but even in R-Design trim it feels too soft for my liking.
Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #196 on: 12 December 2015, 20:55 »
What's the best diesel hot hatch?.We test 5 contenders.Golf v Focus v Leon v 308 v Octavia

Found this little review from Sep15 on the Top Gear site.

www.topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/whats-best-diesel-hot-hatch-we-test-five-contenders#1
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #197 on: 01 January 2016, 20:40 »
Another oldie this time from from Pocket-lint, but a pretty honest and informative review.One of the reviews that helped me make the right choice!.Interesting bit about the lack of traction in the wet. :whistle:
www.pocket-lint.com/review/128390-volkswagen-golf-gtd-review

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #198 on: 08 November 2016, 00:10 »
Focus ST TDCI Estate V Golf GTD Estate Evo mag 31 Oct 16

www.evo.co.uk/volkswagen/golf-gtd/18471/ford-focus-st-tdci-estate-v-volkswagen-golf-gtd-estate-performance-estates

Can't remember the last time i saw either. :grin:

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #199 on: 08 February 2017, 00:25 »
Golf GTD review:updated diesel GTI driven 4th Feb17

www.topgear.com/car-reviews/volkswagen/golfgolf-sv/20-tdi-184-gtd-5dr/first-drive

Interesting little write up.I wonder if the MK8 really will be the last of the diesel GTD's?.