Author Topic: J-Triple-6's OTHER MK4. The 11 second 1/4 mile Smurf Mobile  (Read 12336 times)

Offline J666LOE

• Just got here
So this is my second MK4 Golf, this started life as a BORINGLY slow 2.0 8V which is some what s**t if I'm been honest, but I picked it up for £300, changed the clutch on it and just BATTERED the 2.0 till it exploded, which it did in style, so with the 2.0 gone I had to source a 1.8T for it, me been a douche I picked up the AUQ for it out of a Leon Cupra R 180BHP, I had the turbo, engine, key, ECU and the Clocks to go with it, but the 2.0 was totally different in terms of the loom, so back to the drawing board on this one.....

I came up with a plan, which I was gonna do anyway just not to this extent, I'm gonna GUT the inside of it change ALL the loom over inside the car to run the AUQ, that's fine.

That got sorted, made the plans for that, then I ended up seeing Nugget (the dark blue turd) So I went and bought that, I drove it for a few weeks and I loved it, didn't wanna brake it so that's now my daily (when clutch has been changed as I've murdered it) so back to square one on looking for another car to brake for parts for the 11 second car. (I'm thinking full car is better than just parts of a car)

Plans are, look for another 1.8T, brake it for Smurf, throw everything I can to make it a 11 second 1/4 mile car.
I've got a few friends that's more than happy down for this build...... It'll not happen over night, it's gonna be over a few years as my daily has HEAVY fuel usage issues (10MPG driving it around town on a run about 22MPG)

Anyway here's Smurf.

All 3 of them are my cars, 308 needs a clutch and the 307 needs an engine (THP200 swapping it)

and this was it about 2 months before making it go boom

These was taken back at my mums in Darlaston, I've now moved to Sheffield where I had a drive and access to a garage and a car lift so easier for me.....

Offline J666LOE

• Just got here
How easy is it to rip the loom out of the inside of the car? I'm ripping it all out anyway and going super light weight (HA said no MK4 owner ever)

I have Corbeau bucket seats (fixed) and some Race Harnesses ready for when the cage goes in, I'm aiming for an 11 second 1/4 mile MK4 that's also good on track and not just going in a straight line......