Author Topic: Mk6 ko4 build  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Veron2000

• Just got here
Mk6 ko4 build
« on: 12 April 2016, 11:11 »
Hi all I'm new to the site 😁😁
I've a scirocco 2.0tsi  and I've just
Finished installing a
Ko4 turbo
Cts discharge pipe
Miltek turbo back
Apr cai
Revised PCv valve
Revised n75
Revised diverter valve
The problem Iam having is that when the car was being mapped to suit it just wasn't making the required boost when being asked for 16 psi of pressure car was only giving 12psi and so on basically it isn't making the required amount of pressure
Tuner done a quick log and baisiacly narrowed it down to being the n75 I replaced this and still no change at the time I also replaced all vacuum lines etc
Could it be a faulty actuator ??
Any help would be appreciated  😁😁😁

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: Mk6 ko4 build
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2016, 00:23 »
Yes N75 can cause boost not to meet the required amount. Did he check fuel logs? I have seen it where the ECU adjusts because there is insufficient fuel pressure, therefore wont even try.

Has he advised on getting an uprated HPFP? It will make the world of difference to power as well
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Veron2000

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2016, 14:07 »
Seems to be getting enough fuel the exhaust tips are pretty charcoal looking tbh !
SoI replaced the n75  and also the actuator with a forge actuator and still the car won't meet required boost  and now it seems the car comes on boost strong but then just sort of tails off around 6k
Not sure wether it is something to do with the actuator spring as I have a blue Spring installed and from what I've read they can be Troublesome  to control throughout the Rev range .

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2016, 18:32 »
Have you taken it to a well known VW tuner, they will be able to find out in minutes. Im still thing High Pressure fuel pump.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Veron2000

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2016, 12:28 »
I've had it to  a company local to me called obd .
So thinking it could be a furlong issue
I thought the standard high pressure pump on the mk6 engine was able to run sufficiently with ko4 and stage 3 software!!
The problem I'm having is that here in Northern Ireland  tuners are not as compitent as the guys in  the uk mainland

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2016, 11:04 »
I would say, fly down to R tech to see nick, they've started custom mapping TSI's now, and once I'm ko4 I will be going there also.
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline andyoh

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2016, 13:43 »
I can't help you here but I do know you do not need a high pressure fuel pump for a K04 conversion.  I'm about to have a K04 conversion on my MK6 GTi and I've been told I do not need a HPFP.  The only other additional item I need is a bigger intercooler over and above the K04 kit, of which I will be using APR hardware and software.