Author Topic: I'm back! Still got my mk4 daily....  (Read 10938 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
I'm back! Still got my mk4 daily....
« on: 17 June 2019, 21:24 »
Hello everyone it's been a while! I used to be on here all the time I'm sure you have all seen my helpful posts in the mk4 section.
Just thought I'd share I've still got my 1.8T AGU that I bought in 2004 it's running its original Engine, Turbo, MAF sensor, Coilpacks. I did blow the gearbox (diff) at 170k. It's been remapped since 90k with full milltek Inc highflow cat.
Now at 200k and still going well  :cool:
In the words of Clarkson " What a machine!"
Are Rhyso and Chuff still around?

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: I'm back! Still got my mk4 daily....
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2019, 15:49 »
Hey Rich, good to hear from you. Impressive mileage! Some of the old gits drop in occasionally  :smiley:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2019, 17:53 »
Hey Rich, good to hear from you. Impressive mileage! Some of the old gits drop in occasionally  :smiley:
Hello jv!
This forum is still awesome sir!
Maybe looking at a Golf R a little way into the future :)

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2019, 23:11 »
Well hello there stranger

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2019, 10:13 »
Hey Rich, long time!!

Rhys and Chuff and about in Facebook. Can put you in touch of you'd like?

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #5 on: 25 December 2019, 19:28 »
Hey Rich, long time!!

Rhys and Chuff and about in Facebook. Can put you in touch of you'd like?

Hey mate sorry for the massive delay! yes please bud!

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2019, 20:42 »
Rich I'm breaking my Golf after it being written off, if there's anything you need drop me a line

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #7 on: 04 January 2020, 17:01 »
Rich I'm breaking my Golf after it being written off, if there's anything you need drop me a line

Sorry to hear that fella.  I hope there was no injury. 

Your car was rather special.  Not tempted to transfer all the fun stuff over to another?

Build thread clicky

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
« Reply #8 on: 16 January 2020, 20:04 »
Hay all. Iv still got my old golf 1.8T AGU 1999 remapped by RTECH from when i first joined here. Iv had afew problems like windows not working, door not staying shut and the drive shaft fell off. She is still going with the same cam belt that i had fitted over 11 years ago.  :grin:
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2020, 12:26 »

Sorry to hear that fella.  I hope there was no injury. 

Your car was rather special.  Not tempted to transfer all the fun stuff over to another?

Nah no injury mate, I was waiting in traffic and got rear ended at about 10mph by a Renault Traffic. Luckily I had plenty of room in front and I didn't have the handbrake on or my foot on the brake so I think that saved my neck from the dreaded whiplash.

I really can't be bothered to try to build another one, this has given me a bit of a wake up call as to how little these cars are worth and it just doesn't make sense to plough more time, money and effort into it.

I've bought myself something now that is over half the cost of insurance, a massive step down in power but is really fun to drive. I'll put a pic up in due course