Author Topic: Viewing  (Read 2161 times)

Offline Sb12

• Just got here
Viewing
« on: 22 April 2016, 18:25 »
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/golf-gti-mk5-mk6/volkswagen-golf-mk6-gti-2010/5543250?v=b

Going to view this, any help would be great! Is it about the right price, condition etc?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: Viewing
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2016, 09:08 »
Price looks about right if in top condition. It is advertised as an ED 30 on autotrader but not the right spec for that so need to check this out. Check the service record carefully - needs to be complete and if any repairs completed and what they are. You need to make sure the car has not been started prior to you arriving - listen carefully on start-up for rattles. Wheels should not have ANY scratches/damage - £100 each to refurb! Should not be any damage/scratches to the paintwork if it has been well looked after - mine has none 6 months older and about the same mileage. If it has a VW history and it probably will for at least the first 3 years you can check for any service/repairs by phoning the local VW dealer with the registration number. Most, but not all, are happy to tell you. Good luck.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline gaurav_aidasani

• GTI forum regular
Re: Viewing
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2016, 20:56 »
Don't want to hijack your thread but mine's up for sale  :whistle:

might be a bit far for you though if the one you're going to view is in Newcastle!