Author Topic: 7.5 Performance Rattle  (Read 4259 times)

Offline Juicetin

• GTI forum regular
Re: 7.5 Performance Rattle
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2019, 09:00 »

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 17 September 2019, 11:28 »
I’ve taken off the panel at my RH knee next to the OBD plug but the rattle is still there.
Next I will look at airbag as suggested. But owners shouldn’t be worrying about this on a new 30k plus car......or is this more common than I thought??
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline Juicetin

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2019, 16:27 »
the driver knee airbag rattle is fairly common, I had it and it bugged the hell out of me. VW messed me around so i fixed it myself with bits of foam carefully placed.
I've also had the rear view mirror, sun visor, a-pillar and seat beat adjuster rattles, all successfully (touch wood) fixed with anti-rattle felt or foam/sponge.
My latest which has appeared is the bottom of the front doors where the speaker is, buzzing like crazy over virtually all surfaces.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 September 2019, 09:42 »
the driver knee airbag rattle is fairly common, I had it and it bugged the hell out of me. VW messed me around so i fixed it myself with bits of foam carefully placed.
I've also had the rear view mirror, sun visor, a-pillar and seat beat adjuster rattles, all successfully (touch wood) fixed with anti-rattle felt or foam/sponge.
My latest which has appeared is the bottom of the front doors where the speaker is, buzzing like crazy over virtually all surfaces.

I complained about rattling doors when I took mine in for a service. They reportedly tightened the bolts on the speakers, as they'd shaken themselves loose!  :laugh: It's now got worse again, maybe I will pop the door panel off and put some loctite on there

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 18 September 2019, 10:20 »
My 2016 mk7 has just developed the op’s rattle last week.  :angry: its in for service and mot today and their having a look at it under warranty for me while its in.. i wonder if they'll find anything  :rolleyes: 
Mk7 GTI Edition 40 Clubsport no. 53