Author Topic: End of 3 Year Lease  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
End of 3 Year Lease
« on: 11 September 2019, 19:21 »
Hello good folks,

Apologies for not being so active on this forum, but wow, this MK7 GTI I've had since January 2017 has been faultless.  I am amazed at the build quality over my previous MK5 and MK4 cars.

My 3 year lease comes to an end in January and I just wanted to check a couple of items with the people of knowledge.  I'm looking to get the MOT done prior to handback.  I was also wondering if I need to get the brake fluid changed also.  The third year service isn't due until a week after the car is returned.  Thank you all. 
Turbocharged and liking it...

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
Re: End of 3 Year Lease
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2019, 20:06 »
What ru for changing to then  something similar or complete change

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2019, 21:31 »
Do you actually need to get the MOT done? Is it due before collection? The car will only be going to auction and then a garage forecourt.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2019, 13:20 »
Unless your MOT is due before the end of the lease, why would you get it done?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2019, 16:47 »
Thanks for the replies guys.  I so much wanted to get into the MK8 Golf R or GTI, which would have originally been available when my current lease came to an end.  However, due to the huge delay its more than lilkely to be near the end of 2020 when they will become available, I've decided to buy a marque I have never had before. 

A35 AMG.  After having my current MK7 GTI, I really fancied something that could send power to all four wheels, when the need arised.  My other car is a 355bhp rear wheel driven sports car and I just found having so much power and torque at the front wheels, a little overbearing to deal with when pressing on a bit.  The torque steer and sometimes wheel spin put me off a little.  Of course a say little, as these features only dampened my whole experience with the MK7 ever so slightly and overall, I've been mightily impressed with all aspects of this car, including the ride, damping, handling and the linear power.  The EA888 engine is a masterpiece for these modern times and if I'm not mistaken, has even won a few awards.

I will double check and make sure if I really do need to get the MOT and brake fluid done before hand back.  Some of you guys must've already handed back cars at the end of the 3 year lease agreements.  Did you have to carry out a brake fluid change, MOT and third year service?
« Last Edit: 12 September 2019, 16:57 by Zayd »

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2019, 17:16 »
I just got off the phone with the lease finance company to confirm the exact end date of the lease.  He actually told me himself, that if I returned the vehicle just prior to the 24th of January, I will not have to MOT the vehicle.  The same would apply for the brake fluid change, as it will be due on the 24th also. 

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2019, 15:35 »
OK in that case make sure you get an inspection appointment at least a week before your intended hand back point and make that appointment as early as possible (start ringing in mid December) as its often not easy to get an appointment in quick time, especially around 'holiday' season.