Author Topic: Performance Golf Discounts  (Read 5353 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Performance Golf Discounts
« Reply #10 on: 07 September 2019, 21:50 »
No phone call or any response from the dealer, which has kind off peed me off as he was the 1 who phone me yesterday. Oh well there are plenty off other dealers where I can spend my hard earned money

Give me a call tomorrow on 01242 222233  :wink:
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 07 September 2019, 22:35 »
Funnily enough I was reading this thread on the train earlier today but couldn’t reply as the signal was awful and GWR WiFi non existent. I was going to suggest contacting our forum dealer evo1986 directly as Lee is able to give bullcrap free advice and often source deals that’ll rival the leading brokers and give the main dealer back up service.
By the time I got home and had time to log in he’s replied!

It’ll basically depend on when VW are pulling the plug on production and how sales are going whether they give large VW UK discounts on top of dealer ‘contributions’ instead of PCP kickbacks.
It wasn’t until VW UK had locked in spec final run cars in the last few months of production of the pre-facelift mk7’s that they gave a £3250 discount on top of dealer discounts in lieu of PCP ‘contributions’.
They did this in the car trade dead zone at Xmas to clear the last models off the line with little choice of spec. These were mostly locked in cars.
I managed to secure a GTD for a shade over £20k over New Year 2017 for a March 17 plate delivery.

Demand is still strong for the mk7(.5) Golfs despite a new A Class, Focus, 1 Series etc being recently released. None of which offer much improvement, if any, over the 7 year old Golf.
Maybe the A35 offers a better interior and similar performance to the R but only if you spec the A35 to around £40k with less discounts than the Golf. It’s quite spartan as standard and is more of an S3 rival than Golf R anyway, both having unforgivable chrome trims around the side windows unless you order expensive packs to remove something that has no place in a performance hatch! Sports hatches should be de-chromed around windows, full stop!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 09 September 2019, 09:01 »
Funnily enough I was reading this thread on the train earlier today but couldn’t reply as the signal was awful and GWR WiFi non existent. I was going to suggest contacting our forum dealer evo1986 directly as Lee is able to give bullcrap free advice and often source deals that’ll rival the leading brokers and give the main dealer back up service.
By the time I got home and had time to log in he’s replied!

It’ll basically depend on when VW are pulling the plug on production and how sales are going whether they give large VW UK discounts on top of dealer ‘contributions’ instead of PCP kickbacks.
It wasn’t until VW UK had locked in spec final run cars in the last few months of production of the pre-facelift mk7’s that they gave a £3250 discount on top of dealer discounts in lieu of PCP ‘contributions’.
They did this in the car trade dead zone at Xmas to clear the last models off the line with little choice of spec. These were mostly locked in cars.
I managed to secure a GTD for a shade over £20k over New Year 2017 for a March 17 plate delivery.

Demand is still strong for the mk7(.5) Golfs despite a new A Class, Focus, 1 Series etc being recently released. None of which offer much improvement, if any, over the 7 year old Golf.
Maybe the A35 offers a better interior and similar performance to the R but only if you spec the A35 to around £40k with less discounts than the Golf. It’s quite spartan as standard and is more of an S3 rival than Golf R anyway, both having unforgivable chrome trims around the side windows unless you order expensive packs to remove something that has no place in a performance hatch! Sports hatches should be de-chromed around windows, full stop!

Agreed, chrome trim around the windows and grills is something Ford would boast about on the spec of a Granada LX. Audi is bad for this on their S and RS models unless you pay for the black optic packs.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #13 on: 09 September 2019, 09:04 »
I know what you mean about looking at the rest.

I read things about the new this or new that and think to myself that this was standard tech on a Mk7 GTI back in 2013!

Its definitely a case that VW upped their game massively with the Mk7 and pushed it further still with the Mk7.5 (despite the luddites!). I only hope that the Mk8 isn't a disappointment now.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 10 September 2019, 17:50 »
Latest email from DtD has 17% off GTI PP and 16.5% of an R.
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Toppy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 11 September 2019, 20:29 »
No phone call or any response from the dealer, which has kind off peed me off as he was the 1 who phone me yesterday. Oh well there are plenty off other dealers where I can spend my hard earned money

Give me a call tomorrow on 01242 222233  :wink:

Lee thanks very much for your phone number, decided not to give you a call due to your location and my location at the North East of Scotland
Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Toppy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 11 September 2019, 20:44 »
I received a call back from the dealer late on Sunday afternoon and was told there is a £4000 discount on a white GTI PP DSG, i am now abroad working and humming and haying about what to do.

Offline Toppy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 18 September 2019, 11:36 »
So i have received an offer from the dealer for a White 5 door GTI PP DSG with Brescia & 90% privacy glass.
The discount being applied is £4000 from list price & £1500 deposit contribution which works out at a total discount of 16.2ish% of the total on the road price
He told me that the discount that they can offer is determined by what codes VW have assigned to there cars.

I am picking it up on Sunday morning  :laugh: 

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 18 September 2019, 13:27 »
So i have received an offer from the dealer for a White 5 door GTI PP DSG with Brescia & 90% privacy glass.
The discount being applied is £4000 from list price & £1500 deposit contribution which works out at a total discount of 16.2ish% of the total on the road price
He told me that the discount that they can offer is determined by what codes VW have assigned to there cars.

I am picking it up on Sunday morning  :laugh:

Good result :afro:

And yes, dealers do get certain incentives on in stock cars
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner