Author Topic: I know, I know but which exhaust...  (Read 6280 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: I know, I know but which exhaust...
« Reply #20 on: 20 September 2019, 13:29 »
Muffler!!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline candy turbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 21 September 2019, 10:20 »
i have a clubsport S and had a res delete fitted , it sounded terrible , so i had a smaller resonator fitted into the res delete pipe by power flow and it sounds perfect now !
clubsport S no 215

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 25 September 2019, 21:18 »
So in the end I did something crazy. Now running a full Akrapovic Evoltuion turbo back system with their matching diffuser.

Will sort out my photobucket account and post some pics up.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 26 September 2019, 08:56 »
So in the end I did something crazy. Now running a full Akrapovic Evoltuion turbo back system with their matching diffuser.

Will sort out my photobucket account and post some pics up.

Bet that sounds well.

Just use https://postimages.org/ much better than PB.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline davkav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 26 September 2019, 15:11 »
I've recently fitted the CSS backbox to my '15 PP DSG.

Wow, is all I can say. This is the way the car should have come from factory, the sound, the bigger tips, and the backfires.

I was able to cut the original back box off without removing the whole centre section. Unbolt the rear cross brace and the flexi on the down pipe gives you enough wiggle room to drop the back of the exhaust onto some axle stands.

There is a slight increase in cabin drone but nothing major. I still have no qualms about putting my new born into the car so it is definitely not intrusive.

Under load however it is a bit louder, loud enough to turn heads. At WOT it sounds amazing. A bit more volume than the factory back box which is welcomed.

And then the pops, the pops! The back fires out of it are ridiculous. So much so that I try not to shift gear when overtaking a car so that I don't scare the bejaysus out of them.

I picked up the backbox and clamp from a VW dealership here in Dublin, Ireland for €430. I don't where the dealer quoted figures of £595 are coming from....
« Last Edit: 26 September 2019, 15:14 by davkav »

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 26 September 2019, 21:53 »
That's not a bad price at all, do you have the name of the dealership, I'll ask them how much shipping to the UK would be. The price of £595 was from VW Leeds.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 27 September 2019, 07:45 »
@davkav - nice addition buddy.

I definitely looked at the CS backbox but then got a superb deal on some bits so had to do it.

Offline davkav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 27 September 2019, 15:08 »
That's not a bad price at all, do you have the name of the dealership, I'll ask them how much shipping to the UK would be. The price of £595 was from VW Leeds.

Yeah no problem, it was VW Joe Duffy, Finglas, Dublin, Ireland. Let me know how you get on.

Offline davkav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 27 September 2019, 15:09 »
@davkav - nice addition buddy.

I definitely looked at the CS backbox but then got a superb deal on some bits so had to do it.

Thanks man!

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 27 September 2019, 22:37 »

Yeah no problem, it was VW Joe Duffy, Finglas, Dublin, Ireland. Let me know how you get on.

Can't find an email address for them. I'll have to give them a bell I think.