Author Topic: Those with a remap, who did you go with? Who do you think are best?  (Read 14815 times)

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
My 7.5 GTI has gone into Riemans today for the uprated organic Sachs clutch and Racingline stage 1 OEM+ software.

I've only done 17,000 miles from new but the clutch already shows signs of slippage and the flywheel was knackered, so also being replaced. Just shows how weak the manual clutch's are in our cars.

Anyway … can't wait to pick her up later. Will report back with my findings once I've had a good drive!
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
My 7.5 GTI has gone into Riemans today for the uprated organic Sachs clutch and Racingline stage 1 OEM+ software.

I've only done 17,000 miles from new but the clutch already shows signs of slippage and the flywheel was knackered, so also being replaced. Just shows how weak the manual clutch's are in our cars.

Anyway … can't wait to pick her up later. Will report back with my findings once I've had a good drive!

Sounds like the drive home will be fun.....  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, particularly what the Sachs organic feels like compared to the stock clutch.
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline b19drg

• Not said much yet
Mines in today having Sachs organic clutch fitted , flywheel also knackered ! Clubsport Manual on 55k miles

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Speaking personally, I’ll be going for either...

Revo for an SPS as that’s proven and a good balance.
or
DMS for a custom map which can also include a DSG map (shift speed, paddle reaction speed, clamp pressure increase, target RPM on downshifts for rev matching etc).
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
Picked my car up last night, annoyingly I didn’t get the map installed as my installer needs an update patch to be able to map the MK7.5 ECU’s as slightly different to the MK7.  So, I’ll pop in next week sometime and get it done as we ran out of time.

Super happy with the Sachs organic clutch, nowhere near as heavy or stiff to use as I had original feared from reading a few reviews. That said I can imagine it would become a drag in continued stop, start traffic. The clutch is super positive and feels great to use. Even better the new clutch and flywheel have had the effect of quieten down my Racingline lower engine mount. The car feels amazing to drive, just can’t wait for the map to be fitted now!
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline b19drg

• Not said much yet
Picked mine up today also after Sachs organic and new own flywheel , clutch is deffo heavier but very positive , have a slight judder on pull away but that will settle down , I think the car feels way more positive now getting the power down.... stage 1 Revo coming soon

Offline tom500

• Just got here
Anyone removed their dpf yet?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Anyone removed their dpf yet?
you'll have an issue with your mot if it's removed now.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.