Author Topic: Hidden storage MK 7.5  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Hidden storage MK 7.5
« Reply #10 on: 07 January 2019, 13:35 »
I find them largely useless, not so much as they are an awkward size (they are) but because I forget about them completely, so though I have microfibres and a few other bits stuffed in them, I only remember when I’ve got some from elsewhere. D’oh! I wouldn’t miss them if they were gone.

Same, I had them in my first 7.5 and was like, ah these are great, then forgot about the stuff I put in there until I handed the car back. When my current one arrived and found out via the forum it didn't have them I was a bit annoyed. 7 months later I definitely have missed or even thought about them.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #11 on: 07 January 2019, 13:40 »
I also find them pretty pointless.
I dislike having anything in any of the cubbyholes as they just tend to rattle and piss me off.
My cars interior is completely devoid of clutter.
Not counting the wife.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 07 January 2019, 16:10 »
I also find them pretty pointless.
I dislike having anything in any of the cubbyholes as they just tend to rattle and piss me off.
My cars interior is completely devoid of clutter.
Not counting the wife.

Agree all this^. Had an irritating rattle in mine, eventually identified as a fob i’d put in cubbyhole.
Reminded me of this-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JF-KJ5-KNQk
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline DTX3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 07 January 2019, 16:15 »

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 07 January 2019, 16:19 »
Well I for one like them so there..  :P :P

Seriously, It wouldn't have been so bad it VW had put a simple blanking piece over where the drawer went to finish off the seats, but without that or the drawer itself, the seats just looked unfinished to me.

« Last Edit: 07 January 2019, 16:21 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 07 January 2019, 16:53 »
The blanking piece and its fitting probably would have cost them as much as the drawers...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 07 January 2019, 17:01 »
I don't believe that Fred. On my wife's first Polo Blue GT (2013) , that didn't come fitted with the under drawer seats that she'd been used to on her original Polo 6R (2011), which i subsequently retro-fitted, and the area where ther drawers would have gone was just covered by a simple piece of moulded plastic that attached by a lug on one side into the side trim and a single screw that wnet into one of the pre drilled holes under the seat, and just finihsed the area off (and that was on a Polo). The whole thing must have cost VW pennies.

The Golf Drawers are quite a pice of work when you get them out so I can't believe a simple trim piece would have cost anything like as much.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #17 on: 07 January 2019, 17:03 »
Maybe not, but on the other hand, the accountants had already deleted the plastic covers on the ISOFIX mounts and the door mirror screws on the first Mk7.5's.... there is no end to the euro cents they will try to save...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 08 January 2019, 08:20 »
I can't believe the OP didn't know it was there.

I'm not one for clutter, and the drawers are pretty useless, but they are a good place for supermarket bags. How often have you popped in for a few bits and had to buy another bag?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline DTX3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 08 January 2019, 10:17 »
I can't believe the OP didn't know it was there.

I'm not one for clutter, and the drawers are pretty useless, but they are a good place for supermarket bags. How often have you popped in for a few bits and had to buy another bag?

I know right! Wasn't until I was adjusting the seat I found it. I wonder if my MK5 had this too?

Such a good idea with the shopping bags.