Author Topic: Das Welt Auto Scheme  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Richyb

• Not said much yet
Das Welt Auto Scheme
« on: 26 December 2017, 10:19 »
Currently on the verge of purchasing an MK7 GTI, however I fell out with my local dealer about the trade in price of my current car (2016 Polo).

They tried to claim that because they use the Das Welt Auto scheme they have to pay VW around £1400 every time they sell a used car.

I call bullsh!t on this as how would they ever make a profit on cars sub-10k?

If anyone can shed any further light on the scheme, possibly someone who has worked for VW in the past that would be much appreciated.

Rich
2015 MK7 GTI DSG, Limestone Grey, Leather, Nav Pro

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Das Welt Auto Scheme
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2017, 11:04 »
I can't say I know an awful lot about the Das Welt scheme, but if they say they have to pay VW then that should be built into the sale price of the car you're buying. Not the car you are selling, otherwise where would the money come from if you had no trade in?

You can get a realistic trade price for your current car here;-

https://www.capconnect.co.uk/ConsumerValues/Ford.aspx?DB=CAR&CH=PWRTZ&New=1

Best of luck...
7.5 GTD

Offline Richyb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2017, 11:11 »
@guzzle

Yep they said they couldn’t give me more than x amount as they would need to pay VW and would have to factor this into the sale price of my trade in car.

Thanks for the link

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2017, 11:31 »
Well there's a simple way around this. If you suspect your dealer is pulling a fast one, go to the likes of WBAC or Evans Halshaw and see what they will offer. You don't have to commit.

If your car is worth less at the VW garage than it is anywhere else, take it anywhere else!

As ever, it's cost to change that's most important.
7.5 GTD

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 26 December 2017, 12:17 »
As above, their costs should be built into the cost of the car they are selling, they probably are to be fair but they are just trying to screw you for more profit. Stick the reg of your car on Autotrader to get an idea of its trade price, WBAC will offer bottom book but probably more than your dealer. You could also try Tootle and SellCar, I've sold two cars to the latter with no hassle and for considerably more than I was offered as part/x. Obviously you could sell it privately but only if you can bothered with the hassle. Be careful if using  finance as their interest rate on used is not very competitive, try Oracle/Clydesdale bank or the Halifax if your a member.
« Last Edit: 26 December 2017, 12:44 by Little Lofty »
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline Richyb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 26 December 2017, 14:02 »
Yep I’m aware that they want to make a profit etc however I was just looking for concrete info on the Das Welt Auto scheme.

Cheers

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 26 December 2017, 15:57 »
Yep I’m aware that they want to make a profit etc however I was just looking for concrete info on the Das Welt Auto scheme.

Cheers

I would imagine it will cost the dealer as VW provide the warranty on a Das Welt car, they won't do that for free.
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 26 December 2017, 16:21 »
OP's current car is a 16 plate Polo, so VW are already providing a warranty anyway.

More details of what the Das Welt scheme entails here;-

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used-cars/das-welt-auto-benefits

It's ultimately the buyer that benefits from Das Welt, so it should be the buyer that bears any cost.
7.5 GTD

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 27 December 2017, 13:02 »
You could go to another dealer in the same chain i.e Sinclair or Inchcape and get them to buy/pull the car from that dealer. Obviously you just have to say you want to buy it, you can then negotiate with the new dealer or the trade in price.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.