Author Topic: Golf MK4 1.8 GTI-T MPG  (Read 24889 times)

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
Re: Golf MK4 1.8 GTI-T MPG
« Reply #20 on: 02 September 2011, 17:40 »
I think topher used to get 40-44mpg in his 1.8t golf estate on a good motorway run with an Rtech map

this is somthing I 100% want.. as i either drive extremly fast or extremely slow ( 90% of the time slow )as when i communte to work I driver very considerate towards my MPG

Could you set somthing up similar on my car mate?( when I come for a map)?
I'm still not sure weather to go k03's or not,But i think I'm gonig to end with with a k03's then drive up with a new TIP fitted while my mechanics at it.

I get that on the way to work and the car is totally standard. Easy progessive acceleration, no heavy foot and you'll get it. Use the gears.

Dude i'm 100% driving that way its just a 3.5 mile journey around se london/kent at 8am (rush hour) By the time i Get to work the temp needles just aobut hit middle.If i drove the same kindda journey just longer to let the engine get up to temp it would be 35mpg nps.

I just can't think of the car ever hitting 40+ mpg.. maybe at a steady 60 mph for 30 mins or somthing but anything higher and your sitting at 3k odd in 5th

3.5 miles, you'll never see anything more than early 30s.
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 02 September 2011, 17:41 »
my 1.8t has never hit 40mpg lol, past threads i have read made me think everyone else was getting better mpg than me but reading this im just in the same boat, usually get 23-28mpg town driving with heavy right foot sometimes a little too heavy lol,and about 33-38mpg on the motorway depending on speed of course

cheapest mobile provider arround order a free sim with £5 credit www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/s3cr3t

Offline +49

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 02 September 2011, 18:03 »
I think topher used to get 40-44mpg in his 1.8t golf estate on a good motorway run with an Rtech map

this is somthing I 100% want.. as i either drive extremly fast or extremely slow ( 90% of the time slow )as when i communte to work I driver very considerate towards my MPG

Could you set somthing up similar on my car mate?( when I come for a map)?
I'm still not sure weather to go k03's or not,But i think I'm gonig to end with with a k03's then drive up with a new TIP fitted while my mechanics at it.

I get that on the way to work and the car is totally standard. Easy progessive acceleration, no heavy foot and you'll get it. Use the gears.

Dude i'm 100% driving that way its just a 3.5 mile journey around se london/kent at 8am (rush hour) By the time i Get to work the temp needles just aobut hit middle.If i drove the same kindda journey just longer to let the engine get up to temp it would be 35mpg nps.

I just can't think of the car ever hitting 40+ mpg.. maybe at a steady 60 mph for 30 mins or somthing but anything higher and your sitting at 3k odd in 5th

3.5 miles, you'll never see anything more than early 30s.

Yeah i know the cars had a new engine in thel last 2k, fully rebuilt every consumable part relpaced etc.I literally don't use the brakes on the way to work LOL just engine and carful thougth to how the driver ahead of me is driving but I'm not actually driving that slow..Just gotta think about it.. i find it a fun challange :D Maybe a remap as nick said would help I cant think of my car getting 47mpg for a real journey..Btw is your zx6 the Big piston fork model? My friends got one really strong engine and handles amazing!