Author Topic: URGENT: Problem Bleeding Clutch on my Golf...Need Help  (Read 25597 times)

Offline Mr A

• Not said much yet
Re: URGENT: Problem Bleeding Clutch on my Golf...Need Help
« Reply #10 on: 24 January 2010, 13:00 »
hmm interesting point, the only issue here is that when i pump the clutch pedal, the fluid does not actually decrease in the reservoir so i doubt its actually leaking.

its worrying me a little now as work is coming closer and closer...

i bought a piece of tubing today so i could connect it to the nipple and put it in a bottle ended filled with fluid, i would have assumed i would be able to open the nipple and pump away... but i just end up freezing and getting bored...

i spoke to the guy at the parts shop, he said summat about the rubber tubing might have failed in slave cylinder, etc... ( :undecided:)

If i cant sort it today, looks like il have to push it down to local garage for them to bleed it for me..

Its proper annoying me now
- 1999 MkIV Golf TDi -
*  Repairs Needed = Faulty Passenger Door Module, VAGCOM set-up, Rear Wiper, Rust Treatment, Rear Wiper Motor, Battery or Glow Plugs, Stubby Aerial,

Offline EuanGtTdi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2010, 13:05 »
you cant just open the blleed nipple and pump away cause when you bring the clutch back up mate and the bleed nipple is open it cause a vaccum and sucks air back into the system! you may have a major air in the system...it possiable to bleed it back up through the system mate? as air rises so im guessing you must have air between the supply from the master clyinder and ur clutch clyinder?

Offline Mr A

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 24 January 2010, 13:11 »
what do you suggest i do?

im lost for ideas now.....

i think i have a lot of air in system.... manually trying to do this seems like a hard hard graft...

does air get pumped back in even if you submerge the nipple  side with tubing in fluid in a bottle??

i really thought this was going to be an easy task, now im beginning to regret i started it
- 1999 MkIV Golf TDi -
*  Repairs Needed = Faulty Passenger Door Module, VAGCOM set-up, Rear Wiper, Rust Treatment, Rear Wiper Motor, Battery or Glow Plugs, Stubby Aerial,

Offline EuanGtTdi

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2010, 13:19 »
if your not loosing fluid and its staying high, obv there no leak!

i think you have got air in your system, and i got told to try and reverse bleed it pump the bluid thro nipple at gearbox back up the clutch and masterclyinder but then mines started working!

Offline Mr A

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 24 January 2010, 13:25 »
sorry for stupid questions,

What pump is suitable?  Im running on a tight deadline as i dont want the shops to close...

so basically connect the pump to the nipple via some tubing and pump the fluid in backwards, and force the air out of the reservoir..

If this works is that, would i need to restart the bleeding process via the original method agin or is it sufficient
- 1999 MkIV Golf TDi -

Offline EuanGtTdi

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 24 January 2010, 13:34 »
like an easy bleed system that can suck the fluid through and be used to push the fluid back up, so its works like a vaccum one way and pressure the other

yeah thats right mate you push the fluid through the system inreverse it will push the air out at the resvior! i dont think you would need to bleed it as your system will be full off fluid if think about it

Offline Mr A

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 27 January 2010, 18:09 »
Just ordered a new master cylinder, will get fitted tomorrow, took it garage today and they told me the piston had snapped, that's why it was not bleeding,

hopefully get my golf back 2mrw.
- 1999 MkIV Golf TDi -