Author Topic: SOME LED SWAP PICS, not the best pics tho!!!  (Read 21364 times)

Offline remapped

• I live here
  • If you are going through Hell, keep going
Re: SOME LED SWAP PICS, not the best pics tho!!!
« Reply #10 on: 13 December 2007, 23:21 »
looking nice !!! also looks like it was ment to be
OEM(ish) G3GTi 8v5dr

kells

« Reply #11 on: 13 December 2007, 23:25 »
looking nice !!! also looks like it was ment to be

thanx for that

yes im more than happy with this, really looks awesome, already had 2 people asking why my mk 3 was lit like a mk 4 haha..
deffo worth all the hard work

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
« Reply #12 on: 14 December 2007, 09:23 »
Kells, have you got a photo of how you did the heater controls?

Dan

Offline RiCHiE360

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 14 December 2007, 12:35 »
Everyones lovin the heater controls mate  :wink: :lipsrsealed:
Well impressed with the work on the filters, the end result is absolutely SPOT ON!

PM'd  :wink:

Roofless VR6 FTW

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 14 December 2007, 12:39 »

Think thats the best pic and they look sweet as :grin:

kells

« Reply #15 on: 14 December 2007, 13:08 »
Kells, have you got a photo of how you did the heater controls?

Dan

Hi Dan

i havnt at the moment mate but iv had sooo many people ask about this im actually thinking of taking it to bits and showing exactly whats been done to achieve it..

i never really though about it when doing that as it was the very first bit i did, it was the bloody MAF LCD displays that were always on my mind as these are the late type clocks and have no filters.
I had my old clocks in bits and those are Soooooooooooooooo easy to do, like in ten mins and that includes getting them out of the car!! hahaha

kells

« Reply #16 on: 14 December 2007, 13:08 »
cheers dec mk 2 :)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 14 December 2007, 13:54 »
im just in the process of collecting leds, i want to try carrying out a few extra mods and lighting in the car but you can wait to see that...

one thing i want to do with my heater dials is use a red and blue bulb to try and distinguish between hot and cold but i wonder if it will work
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

kells

« Reply #18 on: 14 December 2007, 14:11 »

one thing i want to do with my heater dials is use a red and blue bulb to try and distinguish between hot and cold but i wonder if it will work

yes that can easily be done, i played with the idea but decided it looked too much, sort off a bit ott for what i wanted.. i just made sure the blue and red dots at the bottom of the dial were both blue and red when lit as they are in standard form :)

That was the concept for me from the start..to keep it a factory look but not if that makes any sense. i could have easily done the ashtray too but i want to keep that to be white light when i open it and not say blue or red...a mk 4 does not have blue or red illumination in the ashtray and its the company mk 4 i based this mini project on hehe

my therory is anything is possible and just do whatever you want to suit your needs :wink: :cool:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #19 on: 14 December 2007, 14:37 »
looks awesome mate :wink: