Author Topic: Chris's Golf mk4 Thread. Parts box :D  (Read 39977 times)

Offline Chris.

• I live here
Re: Chris's Golf mk4 Thread. Parts box :D
« Reply #150 on: 13 April 2014, 18:32 »
Battery does the other day.  Freshly charged and didn't turn engine over.  Could hear it bubbling slightly.... Conclusion.   Dead.

So on the advice of some others,  ordered this little baby which turned up today.

Pretty small too.

And most importantly.....

I was running a vectra battery a pal gave me.   Here's the weight difference in kg's.

And the new battery.

A total of a 15.5kg weight saving!!!! Massive!

When it arrived I thought it was missing as it was soooo tiny.

Id love to know how much weight I've saved over my last golf.  I dare bet there's 150-175kg saved on weight. I did have a 45kg sub box + wiring and a full interior and at 250bhp,  it was far from shy.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #151 on: 13 April 2014, 18:34 »
MOT test passed on saturday,  taxed and already done about 80mile.

Even on the initial 60% throttle the car was far from shy which gave me 5psi spike and holding 3-4psi.   Upped to to 80% throttle which is 10psi spike and holding 5psi flat.

Doesn't feel shy at all and reasonable quick,  the lack of weight probably helps.    Soooo responsive too.

Certainly lots of smiles today and not even running a stock map yet.

Also noticed my sump was pissing oil out aswell.   So whipped it off today and found that the main studs were touching the sump, so wasnt sitting flush against the crank seal and base of the block, so that meant oil leak.

All appeared ok when I fitted the sump to the car when the engine was off....obvilously not.

And got the grinder out to give a bit more room against the ARP main studs.

No playtime today at all though :(  Fixed the sump and work is calling at 9.15pm but will try get a few miles done after work through the week, and a oil + filter change at the weekend and full power stock map

Click For Build Thread

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #152 on: 29 May 2014, 20:38 »
Few updates.  Engine came back out to do the rear crank seal.  Thats fitted now and just need to bolt the last few things up such as shafts, exhaust, pipework etc.  Trying to juggle that around work doesnt help.

Bought these monday night.

Also ordered a safety devices full cage with door bars today aswell.  my wallets certainly took a beating this week!

Click For Build Thread

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #153 on: 05 June 2014, 19:27 »
You could have cleaned the brakes up a bit lol

Looking good mate, bit of a bummer about the oil seal but at least you've sorted it now

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #154 on: 05 June 2014, 22:19 »
Havent arrived yet lol.  They were like that when the come off Prawns A3.

Click For Build Thread

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #155 on: 07 June 2014, 14:39 »
ah fair enough, you will be giving them a clean then :wink:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175