Author Topic: New MK7 GTI Spec on Top Gear Website  (Read 17182 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: New MK7 GTI Spec on Top Gear Website
« Reply #10 on: 02 February 2012, 12:44 »
Gutted....I will be at the lights, having only just had my MK6 for a few months, and some g1t will pulll up next to me in a Mk7 with 230BHP and 260 Lb/Ft... :sick:

And that will matter because?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 02 February 2012, 12:49 »
I've just got myself geared up to trade in my GTI for an R [even though I'm aware of the unveiling of the MK7 Golf in March with orders being taken from October]
Problem is the MK7 R probably won't be available until sometime in 2013 and I don't want to wait that long [I want to trade in my GTI whilst the residual value is still reasonable, otherwise I'll have to save faster to keep up with the depreciation]
Can anyone tell me how much a dealer has to play with on the price of a new R?
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline detritus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2012, 13:08 »
There will also be a new Audi-developed top-end hi-fi/nav/connectivity system that uses an eight-inch capacitive touchscreen - as per an iPad - for far more accurate control and higher definition. It also has a proximity sensor, so it can show an uncluttered map, say, but when your finger gets close it'll switch to showing buttons.

8" touch screen, nice!

Detritus.
GTD, 2011(61), DSG, 5dr, Candy White, 18" Charleston Shadows, RCD510, Parking Sensors Front & Rear, Cruise, Winter Pack, Luxuary Pack, Huge Grin!

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2012, 13:47 »
I've just got myself geared up to trade in my GTI for an R [even though I'm aware of the unveiling of the MK7 Golf in March with orders being taken from October]
Problem is the MK7 R probably won't be available until sometime in 2013 and I don't want to wait that long [I want to trade in my GTI whilst the residual value is still reasonable, otherwise I'll have to save faster to keep up with the depreciation]
Can anyone tell me how much a dealer has to play with on the price of a new R?

Online discounts will fluctuate between 3-5 % depending on whether dealerships have passed mystery shops, audits etc.

Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 02 February 2012, 14:31 »
[even though I'm aware of the unveiling of the MK7 Golf in March with orders being taken from October]

You've been told that from someone at VW?

All press seems to state as per other thread that new golf preview Paris 2012 (Sep) and first deliveries March 2013. Meaning GTi in UK end of 2013 earliest?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 02 February 2012, 19:05 »
I know a lot of these info leaks are a load of tosh but if that's even half true I am genuinely excited about the next GTI :nerd:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Jimmymature

« Reply #16 on: 02 February 2012, 19:38 »
I'll be getting rid of my MK6 a year before the MK7 GTI comes out, the prices of the MK6 are going to tumble so fast when people can actualy buy the MK7.

Not sure what I'll get, I was thinking about a MK6 R but that will depreciation issues.

Jim

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 February 2012, 20:42 »
I'll be getting rid of my MK6 a year before the MK7 GTI comes out, the prices of the MK6 are going to tumble so fast when people can actualy buy the MK7.

Not sure what I'll get, I was thinking about a MK6 R but that will depreciation issues.

Jim

Prices for the R will hold steady as any new model will be 2014 delivery at the earliest. + The fact there just isnt that many

Jimmymature

« Reply #18 on: 02 February 2012, 20:44 »

Jim

Prices for the R will hold steady as any new model will be 2014 delivery at the earliest. + The fact there just isnt that many

Really? I haven't heard anything mentioned about the R release dates, I know in the past the VAG group has done it this way for all we know the whole range could come out around the same time.

Either way though the R prices will also drop like a stone when a faster, lighter, new shape R comes out.

Jim

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 02 February 2012, 21:33 »
Really? I haven't heard anything mentioned about the R release dates, I know in the past the VAG group has done it this way for all we know the whole range could come out around the same time.

Either way though the R prices will also drop like a stone when a faster, lighter, new shape R comes out.

The GTI will be 6months after the 7 is launched and the R anywhere between a year and 18months.

I still see MK5 R's going for silly money. and exactly the same could be said about the Mk6 R over the 5 R.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=693 Just to back the point up