Author Topic: 'New' mark 1 Campaign  (Read 2383 times)

Offline oldmanmille

• Not said much yet
'New' mark 1 Campaign
« on: 27 November 2006, 13:55 »
Hi,
I have just bought a 1983 GTi Campaign Mark 1. It has a 2litre Mark 3, 8 valve engine fitted with high lift cam and gas flowed head.

16v front brakes and uprated servo. Lowered and uprated suspension and Borbet wheels. Full leather interior. It had a full bare metal restoration in 1999 when all this other work was completed. gerabox refurbished with smoothshift (wahetever that is?) fitted. Full flow system.

had a single headlight conversion also, which I'm not sure about but for now it stays.

The guy I bought it off spent £8640.00 on this with all the work and he gave me a folder full of receipts, all MOT's etc etc etc....wow!

I bought it to put on track but I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do. :undecided: If by any chance someone came along and offered me good money for it I may reconsider, but for now I stripped it out and gonna be fitting a roll cage and seat etc.

I have Mk3 and love it to bits although I have always been into vauxhall's and still am, but this Mk 1 is superb, apart from no power steering  :sad:

Can power steering be fitted to the Mark 1? Is it easy?

Anyway, when I work out how to, I will add some pics for you to drool over.... :smug:

Offline oldmanmille

• Not said much yet
Re: 'New' mark 1 Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2006, 14:10 »
Here are the pics, hopefully they will work!

Offline Mk1Mad J - 16v

• I live here
  • At my age I don't have to act responsibly...
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2006, 14:15 »
 :huh: campaign eh...  :lipsrsealed:

Looks very tidy, and with that engine it should be a hoot on the track  :cool:

:undecided: What do you want power steering for though?

"Ever since I started to surf, I have realized that golf is for people who don't know how to surf."  -- Tiger Woods.

my dub project:-
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=35338.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEUOoH_xxo

Offline Daz...

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2006, 14:22 »
Welcome to the forum  :cool:
08.03.10 - 3, maybe 4 weeks, and I want my golf back on the road!

Offline oldmanmille

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2006, 14:30 »
Cheers Guys...power steering - cos my arms now ache  :cry:

Dubsport did all the work and they say it is pushing out 150bhp, so I'm looking foirward to the Oulton day on 8th dec.

Although it will be a far cry from my Scooby RA that pushed 300 bhp at the wheels! But, I think fuel consumption on the golf should be much improved  :smiley:

I'm gonna see if the chip of the ecu is worth it - anyone got any opinions or comments?

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2006, 17:47 »
hello and welcome

power steering wise, didnt the sportlines and rivage mark 1 cabs have power steering?
if you could track down all the kit from one of them then that might work?

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2006, 19:02 »
Arrow. :cool:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #7 on: 28 November 2006, 02:39 »
Think youll be surprised , think an RA is gunna struggle to drop below what 1250kg?

mk1s weigh in at about 800kg , probably less than that now , so i think youll be about the same bhp/ton

anyways where about are ya im not far from outlon myself , n is the leather for sale ???

Offline oldmanmille

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 28 November 2006, 09:56 »
Hi Studubs,
Live in Runcorn. I seem top have lioved at Oulton these past few mths. I have a race bike as well and love Oulton. Was there the other week in my other Golf and my lads Clio Sport 172 and cooked the brakes on that thing. I ran the RA at Anglesey and was seeing off almost everything apart from radicals and another hyabusa engined thing!

So, with your comments it looks like we will have fun in this mark1  :smug: :drool:

The leather may well be for sale but gonna see what the car is like on track first. I'm really in two minds as to what to do to be honest. The car is so nice, apart from a couple of rust bubbles coming through on the roof and boot, that I cant make my mind up to keep or sell. I got the car at a snip so heart rules mind or vice versa  :undecided:

Anyway, i will let you know the outcome..

John

Dinky

« Reply #9 on: 28 November 2006, 10:04 »
welcome to the forum hun :smiley:
you can get power steering from a company, cant remember the name, for just over 1k..search the mk1 section for the info..

Dinx :kiss: