Author Topic: surprised at how well the fabia vrs goes  (Read 5000 times)

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
surprised at how well the fabia vrs goes
« on: 08 August 2011, 22:42 »
Earlier, on my race track  :wink: i seen a fabia vrs in lime green  :sick: come up behind me and then overtake  :angry: so i dropped down a gear and gave it a bit of beans to my surprise i wasn't gaining much at all upto about 110  :cry: half way round the course is a roundabout and then a long straight after. So popped it into second at this point im right behind him and lets just say he was pulling away quite well even in 3rd still pulling and a litte in forth i couldn't gain anything untill 130 at which point i think he ran out of puff  :smiley: but fair play they do go well not sure if it was standard or not as usually remapped diesels chug out smoke which this didn't. However then again my car isn't running spot on at the mo either due to the exhaust falling off and now tied on  :grin: soon to be rectified  :smiley: Think more power is on the cards for me though  :lipsrsealed: i know people will say well it should do that your quite right i didn't realise untill i just read about them how well they actually perform etc it did shock me as i never really bothered about them before  :laugh: anyway thought i'd share a story about my experience today.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: surprised at how well the fabia vrs goes
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2011, 22:55 »
they are not that fast mate

but your golf is really slow.. thats the thing.. im guessing you are 8v or 16v yeah ??

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Rob_g60

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2011, 22:56 »
i dont get that issue with my 8v :grin:
Black MK3 Golf VR6

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2011, 23:01 »
16v yeah was going well upto a few weeks ago has been keeping up with some much better cars not sure whats going on lol will be much better next spring thats for sure  :smiley:

i dont get that issue with my 8v :grin:

I want your wheels and engine  :smiley: nice car mate

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2011, 00:01 »
Your saying lime green so I am quessing that was a new shape in which case it is a 1.4TSI with 180bhp :smiley:

They are really quick, I was lucky to have a go in one the other week

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2011, 00:05 »
oh right that would explain things better lol it was 10 plate yeah fair play to the gezzer  :smiley:

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2011, 01:42 »
they are not that fast mate

but your golf is really slow.. thats the thing.. im guessing you are 8v or 16v yeah ??

They aren't that slow either.
Mine with a tuning box on could hold mapped S3s off to well the wrong side of 100.
They can't look at an S3 off the line...but off a roundabout in 2nd or 3rd, they go like hell.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2011, 09:01 »
S3 are not that fast either tho in standard form, my mate has had 6!!! that haldex is way too heavy, LCR is faster, put that against a valver and it is Bye bye time.. but that said i still cant imagine a 16v mk3 keeping up at roundabouts tbh unless S3 driver was my mum or similar

iv recently sold a 16v mk3, and im not gonna lie, it was not much different to my old 8v lump in terms of performance  (and its not the only valver iv had either)

They really are not that fast - especially by todays standard. as i say the only modifications id carry out is what my mate Russ has done (Tshirt2K on here) and he has bolted a Turbo to his  :evil:

in a nutshell, a fabia VRS is light / day faster IMO

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 18 August 2011, 15:06 »
A roundabout on your race track? Innovative   :laugh:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline twotwofour

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 18 August 2011, 16:47 »
I've owned a fabia tdi in the past, it was listed as 100hp but has loads of torque. I saw 140mph on a track day and once off the line it was quick. My mate had a vrs, the older shape, chipped to 180hp with 450nm of torque, it ate tyres and spun wheels in 3rd in the dry. Very very quick!

The mk 3 golfs are slow old barges!
---------------------------------------
Mk2 small bumper 16v 3dr golf gti
Mk3 5dr 8v golf gti x2
Need a mk1 gti, mk1 caddy, mk3 vr6