Author Topic: lowering  (Read 2780 times)

kniterider

lowering
« on: 05 June 2003, 23:41 »
ordering some 17" wheels for my golf mk4 gti, not gonna put em on till ive lowered it a bit though dont wanna look like an oil rig! i wanna lower it just a bit bout 20-30 mm no more as ive got mrs and 3 kids and cant be doing with all that speed bump scraping and sh!t, cant anybody recomend a decent set of springs that wont drop it too much but enough to look ok with 17,s on and stiffen her up a bit?

thanks for any help
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »

Offline Double_Bubble

• Just got here
Re: lowering
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2003, 22:07 »
I have been told that eibach springs are really good for VW golfs, not that expensive either.
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »

Offline cat

• Just got here
Re:lowering
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2003, 00:03 »
Hi,

I just got my golf lowered last tuesday, i got eibach springs for it which lowers it 30mm. The springs are designed to work with your standard shocks and i would really reccomend them!

The car sits a good bit lower (obviously!) but not so low that u cringe going over a speed bump, the biggest benefit is the handling, it totally gets rid of the body roll and you'll feel more confident going round corners, the ride is not harsh either, its basically just as comfy as the original suspension without the body roll.

My advice to u is get the eibachs and promise you wont regret it. I got mine from awesome gti store, they were ?136 delivered next day delivery to my door.

.:cat:.

Offline stoat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2003, 08:45 »
If you dont mind paying out a little extra I would go for the shocks aswell, when you change the ride hight you will compress the shocks and this is not good.  You will find the car will ride and handle alot better.

Paul

Ps you did the right thing in getting it lowered first,  I think they look naff if you dont do it first
MK3 GTI 8V

kniterider

« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2003, 20:20 »
already done it now, got some springs from europarts ?61 have dropped it bout 40mm handles great and looks good got some 17s its all goin well just got2 get spoiler painted