Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 147028 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR
« Reply #640 on: 28 June 2013, 17:30 »
Thanks mate.

I had always said to my self that I would never get rid of my black mk2 - but what it came down to is basically an offer I couldn't refuse, on a familiar car and one with literally every bit of body work to the letter exicuted how I would have done it on my own black shell. It just didnt make financial sense at all when I had this offer in front of me to even consider taking the old shell further.

The engine should be making a reliable 290BHP but it now runs different engine management since the last dyno it had at those numbers. If any thing it should be making more due to a better flowing exhaust and more modern engine management.  Numbers have never been any thing I want to chase - all I know is that this is pretty f**king quick, and that will do me nicely haha

On a different note - my seats are now for sale. They did their job perfectly and I actually really like the way it changed the look and feel of the mk2, but I want to crack on with my original interior plan now so these need to go.

They are in the classifieds here:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=256050.msg2349712#new

Offline iansabf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #641 on: 29 June 2013, 22:18 »
Good man original interior will suit more. Are you taking this to inters? Would be nice to see this in the flesh

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #642 on: 30 June 2013, 11:02 »
Yes mate - I'll be on the VR6OC club stand I believe.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #643 on: 09 July 2013, 19:32 »
So the seats are on ebay. If you message me directly we can sort out a deal. Need these going asap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221250192097?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Quick snap I got of the bay at inters this weekend. didn't realise there was a cut of time of 11am to get into the show and shine. Was cleaning the car all morning then got refused entry into the show and shine. Oh well! Was a scorcher of a day!

_MG_8165 by luke.pappin, on Flickr

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #644 on: 03 September 2013, 00:03 »
Great Edition weekend. I do have a progressing oil burning issue. Looks like I have a knackered rocker cover gasket and in need of valve stem oil seals. Boo!

Had this picture taken on the way up, shame it was taken on a mobile as it looks great!

IMAGE_01D05A0B-CEFF-4C98-8048-3C802721E2B0.JPG by luke.pappin, on Flickr

Bit of bonnet of action too

IMAGE_E507D149-46DF-4771-9A9D-E1FB5D8F4A55.JPG by luke.pappin, on Flickr

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #645 on: 06 September 2013, 18:54 »
I had a good look around this at Edition, pretty much my dream MK2 :cool:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #646 on: 08 September 2013, 14:16 »
Thanks mate. Quite a statement so I appreciate that!

Currently working on my full digital audio setup to go along with my bit tenD. More details soon.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #647 on: 12 September 2013, 19:23 »
Small update. So the boys down at Studio In Car helped to supply me a Audison Bit Ten D and mount up my DRC within my centre console.
We also worked up a very simple but I think quite slick mount for my iPad.

The iPad in the MK2 was something I was always a little unsure about. To me it seemed far to new school for such an old school car, but down in the location I have it I think it works very well and doesn't take anything away from the factory MK2 lines inside. The great thing is the iPad literally slips out of the mount and out of sight extremely easily and almost looks like nothing is a miss.

So the car is now running a full digital optical setup form the iPad/iPhone back to the Bit Ten and I am now just counting up the pennies to start on the next stages of getting amplifiers and speakers that I want in. Lots more to do but I now have my base to work from and if any thing, it will all now be behind the scenes changes to get the audio back up to standard.

_MG_8279 by luke.pappin, on Flickr

In more worse news, a branch fell out of a tree in front of me on a busy country lane. The short of it is I couldn't get out the way of it in time due to many other cars round me so I now have nice scores like the below up the centre of my bonnet and left hand side of the car :( Hoping to get it all mopped back out.

_MG_8308 - Version 2 by luke.pappin, on Flickr

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #648 on: 24 September 2013, 23:41 »

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #649 on: 27 September 2013, 10:53 »
Like the new photos, but the bottom one is way too dark imo.
Sweet Mk2 though.