Author Topic: Removing Doors.  (Read 719 times)

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
Removing Doors.
« on: 17 February 2011, 23:26 »
How do i do this? Off to pick up a door tomorrow.. Its gonna be pretty dark, and i've got to remove it.. What do i need? thanks.
** Tuned diesels - kinda like a guy with a huge cock and premature ejaculation. **

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: Removing Doors.
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2011, 08:53 »
your gonna need a set of star allen keys halfords sell a set, not that expensive, i cant remember the size but its in the set, its one of the bigger ones thats included.

their is 4 to remove in total, easy job, might need 2 people coz they are pretty heavy and it helps to have someone hold it straight till all the bolts are out, also - cant remember but i think its the door side you need to unbolt from due to clearance

either way its a 10 min job per door

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2011, 11:34 »
Also two 10mm bolts for the bit that stops the door opening too much and the obvious connector for the wiring loom. As said though ten minutes to remove. I did mine at work and used empty pallets to support mine during removal and refitting.

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2011, 11:47 »
How do i do this? Off to pick up a door tomorrow.. Its gonna be pretty dark, and i've got to remove it.. What do i need? thanks.

cheers for asking this question, also orderd another door myself rather heavy things to be fair!

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2011, 14:10 »
Im picking two mint flash red doors next week actually.Had a quick tool search and i think that size is the only one ive not got.
If anyone knows the size,shout up so i can go buy one,dont see the point buying a set when i only have one missing. :grin:

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2011, 14:31 »
I'll find out later :)
** Tuned diesels - kinda like a guy with a huge cock and premature ejaculation. **