Author Topic: Am I missing anything...?  (Read 2209 times)

Offline robbie_d

• Not said much yet
Am I missing anything...?
« on: 04 September 2008, 10:32 »
Less than a week after buying my mk2 16v GTI I've treated myself to some new detailing gear. Thanks to all the people who have posted their thoughts, opinions and links in the detailing section, as it made selecting the right stuff a much easier task.

Just received from Elite car car this morning...

Bilt Hamber Autowash
Eurow Sheepswoll mitt with rubber glove
Eurow waffle weave towel
Bilt Hamber Autoclay
Autoglym SRP
Collinite 476s (+ applicators and microfibre cloths)

Add to this the two buckets (clear, to see the benefit of two bucket method!), microfibre cloths, AG Tyre Dressing, AG Vinyl & Rubber Care, AG Fast Glass I already owned and I think I'm ready to go!

Just wondered if I'd missed anything out really, any thoughts?

Also, has anyone used the BH Autoclay? I was just wondering whether it works ok with water (as claimed) or whether its worth getting some Quik Detailer (or similar)?

Rob

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Am I missing anything...?
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2008, 10:41 »
i would ditch the autoglym srp and invest in some chemical guys ez creme glaze, chemical guys m-seal or jetseal 109.
and would highly recommend a pack of sonus de wunder buffing towels twin pack :wink:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2008, 12:35 »
He has already bought it!

Tim

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2008, 22:45 »
Less than a week after buying my mk2 16v GTI I've treated myself to some new detailing gear. Thanks to all the people who have posted their thoughts, opinions and links in the detailing section, as it made selecting the right stuff a much easier task.

Bilt Hamber Autowash
Eurow waffle weave towel
Bilt Hamber Autoclay
Autoglym SRP

Add to this the two buckets (clear, to see the benefit of two bucket method!), microfibre cloths, AG Tyre Dressing, AG Vinyl & Rubber Care, AG Fast Glass I already owned and I think I'm ready to go!

Also, has anyone used the BH Autoclay? I was just wondering whether it works ok with water (as claimed) or whether its worth getting some Quik Detailer (or similar)?

Rob

quick detailer is slicker and better in my opinion.  prima slick quick detailer is in my bag of tricks and its good to use on your windows too (not the windscreen though)
chemical guys do a good range of quick detailers

Offline Detail My Ride

• Just got here
  • OCD is Healthy.
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2008, 09:25 »

Bilt Hamber Autowash
Eurow waffle weave towel
Bilt Hamber Autoclay
Autoglym SRP

Rob

You have got a nice selection of products there to get you started.

Autoglym SRP is a superb product, its quick and easy to use (if used correctly of course), and gives good results.

Bilt Hamber Auto-Clay does NOT require lube, it is perfectly adequate to use Water, just hose the car down as you are Claying, at first yes I was a little nervous about not using any form of Lube (QD or Shampoo Mix), but the clay is very well lubricated and will be fine with just water.

HTH,

Gaz

Offline robbie_d

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 08 September 2008, 12:58 »
Thanks for your responses guys, as always you're very helpful!

All I need now is the rain to stop!!

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2008, 00:50 »
lol it normally rains after ive done mine or a customers car