Author Topic: Autoglym Aqua Wax - good stuff  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Simon8v91

• Here all the time
Autoglym Aqua Wax - good stuff
« on: 04 December 2007, 10:58 »
Just a quick post to say how good I think this new product is.  :smiley:  I have just had most of my car resprayed and dings removed so I am making an effort to keep it nice  :cool:

It is applied after washing your car with no need to dry the car.  It can be used on windows, rubber and plastics - with no adverse effects on bumpers previously darkened with Kiwi shoe wax.  The new Autoglym wax is exceptionally easy to apply and buff to a shine that gives a nice deep shine that appears to deepen over a few hours.  It took me 1/2 to apply and buff up the wax on the whole car and it seems to go well on new paint or older paint thats had a recent polish with AG Super Resin Polish / Ultra Deep Shine etc.  You also get two good microfibre cloths with it.

Sorry no pics - it p1ssed it down when I went for the camera  :rolleyes: but it does bead nicely.  I will try and get some pics soon.

I buy it from here and save a couple of quid.  Be warned though delivery can take upto 2 weeks- http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MR-SPONGIES

or if you really like this is the trade version- http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=39&products_id=333

Offline Simon8v91

• Here all the time
Re: Autoglym Aqua Wax - good stuff
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2008, 11:31 »
Finally some pics  :smiley:

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2008, 16:04 »
Stunning finish.

Offline livenlearn

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2008, 17:33 »
looks good might have to buy some!

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2008, 22:03 »
Was talking to auto glym about his stuff at a show - obviously they said it was good might try some tho  :undecided:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2008, 22:14 »
yes, aqua wax is really good stuff, i rate it very highly and use it regular.

Offline capoot

• Here all the time
  • Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS
« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2008, 13:58 »
I was talking to autoglym at E38 and enquired about this they said its a good product if your short on time but reccommended extra gloss protection, im going have a blast at that later...

Offline Simon8v91

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 02 September 2008, 14:20 »
I was talking to autoglym at E38 and enquired about this they said its a good product if your short on time but reccommended extra gloss protection, im going have a blast at that later...

Can't argue with that.

tbh EGP and AW are 2 very different products.  But both benefit from using as sparingly as possible during application.  EGP is a good durable sealant to be applied after polish and AW is ideal for quickly refreshing the shine after every few washes.  The great thing about AW is its trim safe for those of us with older VW's   :wink:

What made me start the thread on AW was it was the first quick spray "convenience" wax that can be got from Halford's etc that I have thought to be any good  :nerd:
« Last Edit: 02 September 2008, 14:24 by Simon8v91 »

Offline birchie90

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 03 September 2008, 13:37 »
this stuff is just brilliant - I have been using it for months. I use Zymol Carbon wax on my when I have the time to. Aqua Wax complements it really well. What I do like is being able to cleen the car in about an hour and not have any water marks left on because the surface has dry'd too quickly.

Wash'n'go