Author Topic: Car Options  (Read 2285 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Car Options
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2018, 17:20 »
Depending on how old the car is that the OP is considering, the data sticker might not be easily accessible. There used to be two copies of the sticker; one in the service book and another in the boot near the spare wheel. However;

- cars no longer come with a service book as service records have gone digital and are on line.
- I don’t think the data sticker in the boot is easy to access on newer cars; I think it’s behind the plastic trim panel on the hatch sill opening, seen in this YouTube video; https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7KPS8Mr0jgU

So, if it’s a new-ish car and if VW don’t put the service book copy of the sticker in one of the owners manuals (maybe they do, but I don’t know), the OP might not be able to get to see the data sticker without dismantling the boot trim!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 15 August 2018, 17:22 »
That's not what was said though. Agree that some dealers are no longer providing service books but previous poster said the data sticker doesn't show all options when surely it's supposed to or else why provide one.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline silver38

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 15 August 2018, 20:53 »
I have factory fitted options that don't show on the data sticker. An example 8G1 High beam assistant it's in my car is on the order placed by the dealer, not on the data sticker.
MKVII GTD Manual - Pure White, 5Door, Adaptive chassis control, Advance telephone connection, Climate comfort windscreen, Discover Nav pro, High beam assist, Keyless entry, Sport and Sound pack, Park assist system with steering assist, Rear view camera, Rear side airbags with rear seatbelt warning, Winter pack, 5 Year Warranty