Author Topic: New Maps  (Read 10915 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: New Maps
« Reply #20 on: 25 June 2018, 16:46 »
I downloaded the files directly, the whole process using 7Zip took about 20 minutes.

Such a pain, but always good to have European maps up to date in case I ever go beyond the M25. :)

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 25 June 2018, 18:46 »
As well as maps, do they ever issue new firmware for the units?
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #22 on: 25 June 2018, 19:30 »
I gave up with the DiscoverCare option after it failed for the fifth time, did the direct download as suggested by mcmaddy, extracted the data and copied it to the card. Works perfectly  :smiley:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 25 June 2018, 20:09 »
As well as maps, do they ever issue new firmware for the units?
only at the stealers

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 26 June 2018, 06:58 »
Some German websites have firmware downloads on them but to be honest if the unit works properly then leave it alone.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline rjwojcik2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 03 July 2018, 00:02 »
Took the direct download route, about 30 minutes to download the zip file.  Used a card purchased from Amazon, all good.

Went from this

to

The update on the car took just over an hour.

Edited: Updated 2nd image to show the Sat Nav screen
« Last Edit: 03 July 2018, 07:30 by rjwojcik2 »

Offline Catnapper

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 31 July 2018, 14:42 »
Mine is hopefully getting done as we speak.
Don't use it a lot but last week it was like I had set it to use B roads only!!!
MK7.5 Indium Grey 19" Brescia Alloys

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #27 on: 31 July 2018, 22:57 »
The last time I did this update it broke my internet! :angry: :smiley: :embarrassed:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 01 August 2018, 13:33 »
Just updated to the 2018 map.

I now need to re-install speed camera POI's, have always used the instructions below, but unfortunately the link now longer works, does anyone have a new link?

STEPS 

1.  Get/Download the POI database for each camera type in .csv format (Garmin) - (i.e. Gatso, SPECS, Redlight, Mobile etc,) from whatever source.  I am a PGPSW member and use

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&referer=SideBar

2.  Then go to this VW website :

http://rollout.volkswagen.de/content/de/brand/de/navigation/discover-pro/poi-listen-sammlung.html

3.  Click on the orange "Neue POI........" link

4.  Fill in the sections on the page that appears - and make sure you tick the box that says  "Bei Annäherung an diese POIs informieren". 
This is for audible alerts.  The third section is for the name of the POI category - so UKGATSO or UK REDCAMERA or UKSPECS etc...  depending on the .csv file you are about to upload.  The fourth (bottom)  section is to upload the image you want to appear on the SatNav - so make sure you have downloaded suitable images for each camera type from the threads on here (see a few posts up).

5.  Upload each .csv file for each camera category and upload the image using the "choose file" button on the VW website and the "Jetzt Laden" button in the bottom right corner of the page 

6.  Repeat for each category of speed camera by using the "Weitere POI ..... "   button in the bottom left of the list page which appears after you have clicked the "Jetzt Laden" button in 5 above.   Make sure you tick the "Bei Annäherung an diese POIs informieren" box for all camera types. 

7.  Once you have uploaded the full set of camera types then click on the orange "POI-Sammlung sichem"  button on the bottom right of the list page - POI Sammlung page.  You are then about to download the VW POI package so think of a name for the file - UKCAMS or something. 

8.  Download the zip file after ticking the boxes.

9.  Transfer the contents of the zip file onto a freshly formatted SD card.  The root directory should have one file (metainfo2.txt) and one directory (PersonalPOI).  The personal POI directory should have three sub directories (MIB###).

10.  Insert the SD card into the left hand SD slot in the glove box and keep the SatNav SD card in the right hand slot.

11 Press SatNAv on your unit.

12 Go to Manage Memory button and then the "Update POI"  button.  The system should then update from the SD card and add them to the Satnav.

13  Then finally go to Maps button in your SatNAV and the drill down through the POI button to select the POI you have just downloaded.  Make sure they are ticked.  The list is in alphabetic order so best to name the camera types with the same starting letters - UK##### so that they appear together.

Its not as hard as it all sounds !!  Good luck.
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 01 August 2018, 13:55 »
Found the same problem myself. Annoying that the Germans seem to think changing the contents of a page, and leaving the address exactly the same, is OK! This has happened before, but I managed to find the POI coding page that time. Had a long session searching this time, but got nowhere. I’ve settled for putting the camera sites on via CarNet. The downside with this is that, despite having all the Nav settings correct, I get now warning sounds. Anyone know how this can be done?

I have updated the Nav data to the latest and found that it more than put right the shortcomings of the last issue. That version, for some reason, decided that the fastest route to Tadcaster from Scarborough is round the North side of York, rather than the South, which is obviously daft. Thankfully, this version now recommends the South side along with a few other more sensible routings. Gives me a bit more faith in the Nav systems routing, when I don’t know where I’m going.

.....and before anyone calls me crackers for just blindly following the Sat Nav, when I knew it to be wrong, I didn’t, I use it for traffic information, even though it’s not best at that, but mostly for ETA.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.