Author Topic: DTUK CRDT CHIP  (Read 5243 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
DTUK CRDT CHIP
« on: 24 May 2018, 20:49 »
Considering this however Direct Line say no 🙄 apparently only up to 20% power change is allowed by underwriters  :cry:

Anyone got this and if so with whom are u insured ? Is it worthwhile saying to Direct Line its only a 18% increase  :grin:

Jeni

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
Re: DTUK CRDT CHIP
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2018, 21:44 »
Dont lie to your insurance co, not worth it.
2014 Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2018, 21:57 »
I would tell Direct Line that if they won't allow it then you will look elsewhere.

Whatever you do, lying to or deliberately misleading your insurance company isn't a great idea.
7.5 GTD

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2018, 22:36 »
I was joking about lying christ im no that daft !

My luck id end up having a bump and be screwed so trust me im no that daft

I told  them id have to look elsewere if i was to get one they werent too fussed

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2018, 04:46 »
Insurance assessors aren’t known for their charitable natures.

BUT a friend of a friend of a friend might have once got something very similar to a CRDT and had DTUK change the sticker on it for one of their economy tune boxes and insured it as a fuel saving device. Allegedly.

On a more serious note. How much power does a CRDT actually produce? How much was the car actually putting out as stock? Plenty of cars put out more power than the manufacturer claims.
So unless an insurance assesssor is going to run your car multiple times on a rolling road back to back with and without the box how are you really going to know the true figures? Plus the CRDTs are adjustable. Who says you’re running it on full fat mode?

19.99% extra power for insurance purposes then don’t have an accident doing illegal speeds where they might actually delve into it a bit closer.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2018, 09:25 »
On a more serious note. How much power does a CRDT actually produce? How much was the car actually putting out as stock? Plenty of cars put out more power than the manufacturer claims.
So unless an insurance assesssor is going to run your car multiple times on a rolling road back to back with and without the box how are you really going to know the true figures? Plus the CRDTs are adjustable. Who says you’re running it on full fat mode?

19.99% extra power for insurance purposes then don’t have an accident doing illegal speeds where they might actually delve into it a bit closer.

Its not necessarily about risk based on you having the extra power... its to do with that those people who normally make this modification have a broader risk profile that is higher than those who choose not to.

Much like adding some vinyl flames up the side or swapping your OEM wheels for some third party ones.

All of these things suggest that you may be the sort of person with an enhanced risk - and that's all its about, profiling of the data to make a financial risk model. Its not scientific really, its not fair in a lot of ways but its how they roll.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2018, 09:33 »

Its not necessarily about risk based on you having the extra power... its to do with that those people who normally make this modification have a broader risk profile that is higher than those who choose not to.

Much like adding some vinyl flames up the side or swapping your OEM wheels for some third party ones.

All of these things suggest that you may be the sort of person with an enhanced risk - and that's all its about, profiling of the data to make a financial risk model. Its not scientific really, its not fair in a lot of ways but its how they roll.

Would appear DTUK do a CRDE which is up to 10% increase in power 184 - 204bhp - i am going to call DL and ask if they cover this - i just want a wee bit more guts when i need it - specially when the wee di*ks in the pimp mobiles want to sit up my ar*e on the motorway cos they think i want to play  :rolleyes:

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2018, 09:34 »

Would appear DTUK do a CRDE which is up to 10% increase in power 184 - 204bhp - i am going to call DL and ask if they cover this - i just want a wee bit more guts when i need it - specially when the wee di*ks in the pimp mobiles want to sit up my ar*e on the motorway cos they think i want to play  :rolleyes:

On another note - anyone upgraded their MIB unit to an aftermarket ? if so what did they go with i need to improve the sound quality in the car and starting to dislike the head unit in the GTD as its quite bland against the piano black facing i realise its totally non chip related but just on the off chance anyone has :)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2018, 10:15 »
Its not really the head unit that's the problem... speakers and an amp is the most likely to change the sound quality.

Which is what you get with Dynaudio.

You could try the plug and play audio upgrade? It won't change the main speakers though.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2018, 10:19 »
Its not really the head unit that's the problem... speakers and an amp is the most likely to change the sound quality.

Which is what you get with Dynaudio.

You could try the plug and play audio upgrade? It won't change the main speakers though.

I HATE the head unit so bland - i want one with DAB and Android Auto installed theres lots out there but wondered if anyone has done it and what they went with