Author Topic: Bilstein B6 Shock Absorbers  (Read 1247 times)

Offline MB4

• Just got here
Bilstein B6 Shock Absorbers
« on: 24 May 2018, 20:32 »
Hi

I've got a 2014 Golf GTD. I'm planning to upgrade my front shock absorbers as one is leaking. After reading several posts on here I'm thinking Bilstein B6 shocks and keeping the standard springs.

Has anyone tried this 'comfort' version from Larkspeed? https://www.larkspeed.com/shopper/i/92835262213

I've always had stock suspension but never really liked it that much on the GTD so time to upgrade. My only concern is the B6 sport might be a bit stiff for daily driving. But not sure about these comfort ones as I've only seen them on this site and they're £65 more than sport each. Currently swaying to sport as cheaper and more tried and tested. Any views / experience? 
2014 Golf GTD Tornado Red with pano roof

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Re: Bilstein B6 Shock Absorbers
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2018, 20:36 »
I ran B8's with lowered springs on a car a few years back. They are superb shocks, they can be a little firm around town but once pressing on they come alive. The car was so flat and composed.
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline MB4

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2018, 20:55 »
Cool. I think I deserve to have a bit of fun! I like it firm anyway as long as its not crashy

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2018, 21:16 »
they should be fine on stock springs
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline MB4

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2018, 22:04 »
I've ordered them :smiley: B6 sport and went for all 4 in the end! Will let you know oncce they've been installed.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2018, 04:57 »
It’ll be interesting to see how you get on with these.

On previous cars in another life I got a bit fed up with the harsh ride of lowering springs but wanted tighter handling. I’ve used Bilstein dampers with standard springs on a few cars and they really tightened the handling whilst keeping decent ride quality and full suspension travel.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner