Author Topic: New GTD owner from Northern Ireland  (Read 9218 times)

Offline Stevo M81

• Not said much yet
New GTD owner from Northern Ireland
« on: 20 July 2017, 19:36 »
Just picked up my new car a few days ago a lovely 2015 White Golf GTD with only 12000 miles on her. This is my 1st time with a VW and so far i have to say am impressed with the level of spec that comes standard in the GTD. Previously i had a Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0TDI which was also a nice spec of car.

New GTD

Old A3 Black Edition

Stephen :)
Current  MK8 GTI - DSG - 19” Adelaide - White

Previous - MK7 GTD - White

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: New GTD owner from Northern Ireland
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2017, 23:20 »
Welcome to the forum Stevo. Your cars look good (as good as they did on the other forum :grin:).

I've owned both black and white cars and your white GTD should be a doddle to keep it looking good compared to your black A3. Black cars are definitely a labour of love, but look great when you put the time and effort into them!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Stevo M81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2017, 12:24 »
Yea am sort of glad not having to look after a black car as it was hard work. Don't get me wrong when they are clean they are by far the nicest colour but they don't stay clean very long. That was my idea with the white that it would be so much easier to keep but then again you don't get the same shine as you do from a black car lol.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2017, 15:30 »
A white GTD can also shine nicely when you put the effort in, my white one looks great and still gleams after a bit of TLC and some nice polish and wax.

Your car is identical to mine, I'm also in N Ireland. Have ordered a GTi so if you know anyone looking for an immaculate 2014 GTD with 26k miles let me know. My car has the very rare options for a GTD of both sat nav and leather/heated seats.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 09 January 2018, 17:21 »
Sorry to bring up old thread, but I'm in NI too! Hope you are enjoying your new car :)
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Stevo M81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2018, 08:40 »
Finally got my Gloss Black Rieger splitter, installation was quite simple.  Such a nice subtle mod that looks as if it was part of the car when it left the factory. Also installed a Pipercross filter so i dont need to change the filter again lol.

Next will be the wheels getting them powdercoated gunmteal grey at the beginning of April as not a fan of the diamond cut look.

Here are a few pics of the splitter installed:

Offline Stevo M81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2018, 08:42 »
Thanks matey, still loving the gtd next the wheels are getting powder coated gunmetal as the diamond cut are a nightmare for our weather

Offline Stevo M81

• Not said much yet
New GTD owner from Northern Ireland now GTI
« Reply #7 on: 06 June 2023, 17:37 »
Haven’t posted in a few years but finally traded in the GTD.. I had ordered the new mk8 GTI and after waiting 18 months on my order then to be told it had been moved back again I decided to have a look what was up for sale in the 2nd hand car market. To which I found a White DSG 2021 MK8 GTI with only 10500 miles on it, managed to get a deal put together and picked it up last week. What a difference in power compared to my old GTD  :cool: