Author Topic: Refurbed Karcher or new Nilfisk?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Refurbed Karcher or new Nilfisk?
« on: 23 June 2017, 16:13 »
So full on tightarse mode or spend more for new? K2 compact with a 1 year guarantee and delivery from the Karcher outlet is £48 or a new Nilfisk C110 is £70. The difference would help cover a snowfoam lance....

I know in the scheme of things there's nothing in it but every penny counts and I'm not made of money :whistle: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Refurbed Karcher or new Nilfisk?
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2017, 16:35 »
I have a Nilfisk C110. From my personal experience, I think it's a great little machine. OK, it doesn't have the power of some of the more expensive pressure washers, but it's plenty powerful enough for car washing, paving slabs and patio cleaning and any other jobs I've used it for.

It's well built and it has a metal pump, whereas I believe Karcher models have a plastic pump. Owner reviews that I read before buying it tended to favour Nilfisk over Karcjer.

A couple of  criticisms I have of the Nilfisk;
- The high pressure hose (5m) could do with being a bit longer for car cleaning. Not a big issue as the pressure washer is light enough to move from one side of the car to another to be able to wash whole car. I think the more expensive, more powerful Nilfisk models get a longer high pressure hose.

- My hose with a Hozelock connection initially kept coming detached from the hose connector attachment on the pressure washer. Easily rectified by fitting a Hozelock threaded outdoor tap connector to the pressure washer itself, so I now have Hozelock to Hozelock connectors between hose and pressure washer.

The assembly instructions weren't great (diagrams, rather than written instructions), but it was fairly easy to work out how to put it together.

All in all, quite happy with my purchase. Can't comment on longevity or reliability as I've only owned it a few months, but all good so far.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2017, 19:37 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2017, 17:24 »
Thanks for that, job done and I didn't even have to get my wallet out :laugh: Got a Nilfisk C105 at Argos for £65 all in with instore collection next week.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2017, 18:27 »
Great! The spending begins..........Snow foam lance, snow foam, citrus pre-wash :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2017, 19:27 »
Nearly, slight hiccup in my plans, need to re-order elsewhere.

Finally done, C110 from the cleanstore. Apart from a snowfoam lance, my wallet is now safely tucked away :laugh:
« Last Edit: 23 June 2017, 20:40 by Watts »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.