Author Topic: Buckfizzturbos Build Thread: VW Bora > Air Suspension > BBS RS  (Read 145605 times)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
so with plenty already done and even more planned i thought id start up a new thread for my daily show car.

heres what has happened.

with my white mk3 due an mot litterally the same day as i was getting the mk2 ready for U.D and knowing i wasnt going to be able to sort it in time i thought sod it and bought a new car.

heres how the white 1 stood today without a mot.

so as you can see the old tin worm has attacked the poor old girl. needing 2 front wings, rear quarter repairing, a rear wheel bearing and the heating sorting. i no all these wouldnt have caused a fail and i could have probably got it through but to be honest i had my mind set on getting a vr6 and making white 1 into a future project. that plan has changed so daily duties have moved onto the new mk3

so a replacement was found heres how i got her.

what i found was 1 of 150 2l 16v anniversarys.

spec goes as this:

schmidt th line 3 piece split rims 8j + 9j x 16 wrapped in stretched falkens. came off pvw car of the year 2009 mk3 golf. black crackle centres and stainless bolts and dishes.
fk coilovers
mason tech rear beam adjusters
joey'd vento front with early grill
full respray in vw/audi antelope brown including smooth top bumpers and cl door trims.
chrome powder coated intake and crackle balck rocker cover.
and many more including all the red anniversary extras.

i got this car for a steal and could nearly get all my money back just selling the wheels.

so with all my time taken up building the mk2 i finally got round to sorting some things that where bugging me.

first thing 1st was how minging it was inside. ive got to have a mint interior so the plan was to swap the nicer gti spec recaros into the anni and anything else that i thought needed changing.

so first i striped out the white mk3.

everything had to come out bar the dash and carpet. i took all the headlining out and the panels holding it in due to the fact it was in better condition than the 1 in the anni and that the annis panels had been colour coded brown and wasnt to my liking. also it gave me a chance to clean the headlining.

with the white mk3 striped it was time to do the same to the anni.

so with the anni empty i now had a chance to fit my genuine hella all reds i had laying around.

before

after

not the biggest difference but the pics later show them better. think the cls had been tinted a little before.

so with them both empty it was just a case of refitting them into the opposite car. so with them both striped out by monday mid afternoon i spent the rest of the day fittting the anni interior into the white 1 and swapping any bits over that i think needed doing.
so buy the time light had faded it was all done.

and you can just see the brown panels
« Last Edit: 11 April 2014, 09:31 by Buckfizzturbo »
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Re: Brown MK3 Anni Daily/Showcar on Splits and.....Air.
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2012, 21:59 »
so the next day i got up and started on the anni. before i went in last nite id given the roof lining a clean and let it dry over nite and it came up a treat.

also i cleaned up all the other pieces which now look like new.

all done with a rough sided kitchen sponge and 1001 carpet cleaner. works a treat.

now while it was all out i ran the amp wires and fitted my new stereo.

next it was a case of refitting the roof lining, seat belts, upper panels, door cards, boot panels, rear seats and front seats. before all this i gave her a good proper hoover and tarted up all the panels. shes looking superb and is a wet vac away from being an absolutley mint interior well chuffed.

heres some pics.

alot better than the anni interior.  :D

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2012, 22:01 »
with the inside done thought id better give her its first clean in my ownership. only a quick 1 due to time but plans are to give her a full polishing session when i have time. heres some pics hows shes now sitting:

and heres a cheeky pic of the fleet and a snap of what really takes up my time

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2012, 22:03 »
last weekend i sold the white mk3 to a local lad off another forum whos going to put some love into the old girl which im happy about. was a pain trying to remove the adaptors as theyd corroded themselves on (copper slip next time :rolleyes: ) but finally got her ready for the new owner to drive away. 7+8J D90s and 25mm adaptors for sale if your interested. no tyres. pm me.

Anyway something I've desperately wanted to change was the steering wheel. Here's a pic:

Really not my flavour and don't think it suits the car. A Morgan maybe lol. So after having a look around I found this cheap with boss and it's still like new:

Momo team 280mm. I'm sure you've seen 1 before lol there everywhere but it suits the car so well I had to do it.  Here's it all fitted up:

Perfect and just a little smaller than the old lol

So next on the list is to replace the coilovers as 1 of the rears has popped. Still undecided what 1s to get but not going to go down the cheap route. £400-£500 range I think. Fk sport edition plus are tempting me. Going to change the top mounts and rear beam bushes at the same time I reckon.

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2012, 22:05 »
so if youve read the last update youll have seen that i was in market for new suspension. heres why.

since ive owned the car ive had a knocking noise from the rear thats gradually got worse. i was thinking it would be the top mount but on closer inspection the drivers side shock has popped. its also been well loose at the back so guessing the beam bushes have gone aswell.  :(

so decided i would get some new coilovers and spend a bit on some quality items. not sure what to go with i left it and left it until i gave in and decided id go down the route of air.  :lol: bit of a difference.

theres good reasons for this expensive decision. at the end of the show season around edition time im going to put the mk2 up for sale. i dont want to do this but its alot of moneys worth sitting on the drive that dosent get used that much and will help go towards a deposit on a house. giving a paid house when i leave this hard world to my daughter is alot better than a mk2 so have to think of the future.  :) 

i still cant have a normal car so have decided that after such a good time inside at U.D 2012 with the mk2 im going to make sure the mk3 is good enough to be inside next year.

so with the mk3 now destined for show car and daily duties air was the only way to go. after speaking to a few guys about air and checking around the net i came accross bagriders in the good old U.S OF A. id also seen that hodge had bought a system for his s3 and after a chat with him and a recomendation i called them up and ordered this last night.

:D

i decided if im going to do it, do it big.

so should be with me next week. going to do the installation myself. i aim to lay frame  ;)  so plans are to do a chassis notch 1st and get the arches flattened right back. im taking the 195/40 falken tyres off my d90s so can run more stretch on the rear with plans to lay the arch in between the tyre n lip.

so with the big word of the moment 'stance' being my main aim things should be happening in a week or so. updates to follow.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2012, 22:34 »
Both the mk3 and mk2 look stunning :cool:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2012, 22:36 »
Il certainly be keeping an eye on this one after seeing what a cracking job you did with the mk2. love that.

The colour of this mk3 is superb and thank god you've lost that hideous steering wheel.  :wink:

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2012, 22:38 »
Really look forward to seeing this in the flesh and just hope I don't have to wait till Ultimate Dubs 2013 to see it  :cool:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2012, 22:38 »
Both the mk3 and mk2 look stunning :cool:

cheers mate appreciate it  :smiley:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #9 on: 13 April 2012, 22:38 »
Is that a diesel down-swept tailpipe?