Author Topic: airbox gti 16v  (Read 1291 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: airbox gti 16v
« Reply #10 on: 07 March 2009, 21:09 »
hi u got any pics o where i can get this done in swansea dont realy know what iam doin lol

quite possibly the easiet thing to do to the car!!  step 1: unclip air and remove. step2 cut/drill the side  step3 put it back in. done! :wink:

jamie16v

« Reply #11 on: 07 March 2009, 21:28 »
hi u got any pics o where i can get this done in swansea dont realy know what iam doin lol

quite possibly the easiet thing to do to the car!!  step 1: unclip air and remove. step2 cut/drill the side  step3 put it back in. done! :wink:
a little more detail would help as just cutting the airbox in any old place could render it useless..

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #12 on: 07 March 2009, 21:33 »
You have to cut it on the wing side and front ONLY. You can either cut an area out of it, or get a drill out and drill holes and amke it look like a swiss cheese. Make sure though you ONLY drill the lower half of the airbox, drilling the top half would mean you have to buy a new airbox. You HAVE to drill below the line of the air filter, and make sure you drill only wing side and front. The trumpet is the small 90 degree angled "trumpet" that runs from the front of the airbox to the inside of the wing, simply remove it with a screw driver or you might need to drill it out.

jamie16v

« Reply #13 on: 07 March 2009, 23:34 »
You have to cut it on the wing side and front ONLY. You can either cut an area out of it, or get a drill out and drill holes and amke it look like a swiss cheese. Make sure though you ONLY drill the lower half of the airbox, drilling the top half would mean you have to buy a new airbox. You HAVE to drill below the line of the air filter, and make sure you drill only wing side and front. The trumpet is the small 90 degree angled "trumpet" that runs from the front of the airbox to the inside of the wing, simply remove it with a screw driver or you might need to drill it out.
just about hit the nail on the head, but there is another trumpet in the top half of the airbox.. its up to you wether you want to remove the top one, i did.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #14 on: 08 March 2009, 09:48 »
i left mine on, but i'l be taking it off when i fit the pipercross filter.