Author Topic: Well that didn’t last long!!!  (Read 8264 times)

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Well that didn’t last long!!!
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2021, 13:03 »
Do let us know what the cops say.... hope wherever you are they have more interest than here. Here they'd just tell you to make an insurance claim and not want to get involved....
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #11 on: 19 January 2021, 13:47 »
Absolutely shocking. I hope no one was hurt.

Do let us know what the cops say.... hope wherever you are they have more interest than here. Here they'd just tell you to make an insurance claim and not want to get involved....
Surely this is not just an accident, or dangerous driving, this is vehicular assault?! Using a car as a weapon is a serious crime, which could lead to serious injury or death. I would be surprised if the police do not want track down and prosecute this person. I would also be surprised if the person is not 'know' to the police.

If the police do nothing and they get away with this, this person will do it again.
« Last Edit: 19 January 2021, 13:51 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 19 January 2021, 13:48 »

Not heard back from them yet...but that’s no great surprise.

Car is being assessed on Friday so we shall see I guess,just glad I don’t need the nasty 1 litre courtesy car they are offering. My sister and he other half have quite a few cars and will lend me one of theirs....for some reason I can’t have there new g wagon or Range Rover 😂

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #13 on: 19 January 2021, 14:21 »
Absolutely shocking. I hope no one was hurt.

Surely this is not just an accident, or dangerous driving, this is vehicular assault?! Using a car as a weapon is a serious crime, which could lead to serious injury or death. I would be surprised if the police do not want track down and prosecute this person. I would also be surprised if the person is not 'know' to the police.

If the police do nothing and they get away with this, this person will do it again.

I wish I knew what the police here WERE interested in.... actually, I suspect its writing something on Twitter or Facebook.

Dave phone them back and tell them you want to change your report to someone being nasty to you on social media. I expect ten cops will arrive in under 5 minutes.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 19 January 2021, 14:26 »
Or just post about it on social media and @ all the newspapers you can think of, both local and national .  :lipsrsealed:
7.5 GTD

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 19 January 2021, 17:45 »
Can’t believe I have read this, but main thing is you are ok Dave. How shocking.

The driver was probably under the influence of something or other, and chose to react to your overtaking manoeuvre with dangerous aggression.
MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI

Offline Powerman80

• Not said much yet
  • Auto professional & lover
« Reply #16 on: 19 January 2021, 18:55 »
When I started riding bikes, they told me

"Always think that every other driver is a crazy drug addict trying to kill you, and act consequently"

That's becoming true for cars too. Massive amount of people nowadays is driving impaired.

Marco
=============
Hello from Milan Italy

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 19 January 2021, 23:38 »
Hi again. Hope you are well. Depends on what you want to happen. I believe in this case, presumably of dangerous driving, police policy may require an investigation. I don’t want to seem negative about them. If you were injured I think they would investigate. However, as I said before, my experience is they will try to avoid it. That is why I suggested you looking for and keeping any evidence yourself as it may be your insurers will require it. Repairs or injury might make it an expensive claim.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 21 January 2021, 01:57 »
hows your neck and back? basic whiplash claim pays out £5 -£9k :whistle:
Mk6 Gti - current daily
Mk3 16v Anni - retired daily now parked on 200,300 miles

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 22 January 2021, 14:34 »
Still no word from the police at all :angry:

Daylight pics,have got the boot open.....it’s off to the repair shop on Tuesday.