Author Topic: Mk8 gti ordering  (Read 43584 times)

Offline spikeyboy22

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 gti ordering
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2020, 06:22 »
Yes, I'd agree it won't be available for the dealers to order in the UK until September/October at the earliest and then about 6 months for delivery.

Don't forget the fun you will also have on day 1 whereby VW UK won't have actually got the configurator right and you will be ordering something without knowing what they decided to include or not include as base spec. Maybe even you might end up minus foglights (again). Just as the first ones are received, they will change the base spec too - probably including something you paid for as an option.

Welcome to VW UK....

Well this is good to read because the same thing happens here in Australia, VW print a brochure, before it is even out for a month, they change the spec or get it wrong in the brochure and then you never know what you will get.   I had a shouting match when I went to pic up Mark 7 GTI and it did not have voice control for phone and some of the lighting was not LED like the brochure....   Not a good experience for when you pick up a new car and you have been waiting for months .....

We also have the same problem with servicing .. it is just sh!t lol

Offline spikeyboy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2020, 06:29 »
Hi Im a lapsed GTI owner from many years ago. (strayed in Cayman 981 & 718 ownership)
Is it me but Im getting frustrated at no info re the hot Golfs. It was february when the launch
of the GTI was shown. Admittedly covid 19 has had an effect on being able to order but no news is now pushing
me towards the M135i !
I would be looking at the TCR - should I wait??
thanks

I totally agree COVID -19 has had a big effect, but I am not sure what is happening at Volkswagen.  Sure we had the launch of the GTI in March.  Then, pretty much nothing, no drive days for the media, only a few select Ride alongs at the test track, Other car companies seem to be able to launch and still get a car to the media and market, We also expected the Golf R at Goodwood, where the hell is that?

I am really starting to think they are Golf has started to be forgotten, they have taken there eye off the ball and all the eyes are on the shiny new ID3,

I think they have too much money stuck in that thing that have to get out ASAP so they can start getting money back..

And everything thing else is getting forgotten..

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2020, 09:36 »
They definitely have to have their main focus on electric. It might seem a long way off to you and I but the ramp to only electric is begun and the time left to establish yourself as the dominant maker is tiny. Vw left it pretty late...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline spikeyboy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2020, 11:42 »
They definitely have to have their main focus on electric. It might seem a long way off to you and I but the ramp to only electric is begun and the time left to establish yourself as the dominant maker is tiny. Vw left it pretty late...

It does feels a long time off to me when in Australia there is only two places I know I could charge my car, ikea and Woolworths, and I point out one store only.

My point is this is not a long way off I agree with that, but that Volkswagen has focused on ID3 and has missed the point with Gold Mk 8 ....

Offline Prospective

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2020, 12:41 »
Going to test drive an M135I next week as my local VW dealer can still give no indication as to when the GTI, GTI TCR or R will be
available to order. (the dealer is also a personal friend of mine too!!)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 19 July 2020, 17:49 »
Enjoy the BMW test drive.. The thing is basically a golf but with BMW interior. Its very nice and very fast with some cracking tech. I saw a white one earlier today on the road and despite my reservations about white on that car, i thought it looked pretty good.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #16 on: 19 July 2020, 22:26 »
Unfortunately zero chance of seeing a GTI in the UK till next year.

Factory still way behind on customer orders placed prior to lock down and most of the effort going into greeting ID3 cars launched and delivered by the end of the year.

They still have Golf R mk7.5 coming over for customers  :shocked:

Rest assured any more info I will post.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline martin dy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 27 August 2020, 20:24 »
German configurator is up
Damned if I can get it to work though
https://www.volkswagen.de/de/modelle-und-konfigurator/golf-gti.html  :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: 27 August 2020, 20:43 by martin dy »
Golf Mk7 R

Offline martin dy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 27 August 2020, 21:05 »
Had to turn off translate
Seems you have to order dcc with 19's
Golf Mk7 R

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 27 August 2020, 21:14 »
Looks like Kings Red is a premium colour, and there's no sign of the alternative 19 inch wheel pattern previously shown.
7.5 GTD