Author Topic: Mk8 gti ordering  (Read 43563 times)

Offline Tristan100

• Just got here
Mk8 gti ordering
« on: 17 July 2020, 09:39 »
When is the order books going to open

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Mk8 gti ordering
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2020, 14:38 »
"Autumn" (maybe.... in Germany)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2020, 15:15 »
Somebody mentioned September. Didn't specify a year though  :undecided:
7.5 GTD

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2020, 16:58 »
Just been looking at the Media Information provided at the Virtual Presentation in May 2020 for Golf GTI.

On Page 9 it states:  "Pre-Sales of the new Golf GTI will start this summer"

Ok, so it doesn't state any country (but they will start with Germany). So my definition of summer is June, July August.  But UK always behind by approx 3 months. So UK ordering probably be Sept/Oct.
2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2020, 17:26 »
And based on lead times for the mk7, probably 6-8 months after the first mk8 GTI customer orders before their cars arrive in the UK.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2020, 17:58 »
Yes, I'd agree it won't be available for the dealers to order in the UK until September/October at the earliest and then about 6 months for delivery.

Don't forget the fun you will also have on day 1 whereby VW UK won't have actually got the configurator right and you will be ordering something without knowing what they decided to include or not include as base spec. Maybe even you might end up minus foglights (again). Just as the first ones are received, they will change the base spec too - probably including something you paid for as an option.

Welcome to VW UK....

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Prospective

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 18 July 2020, 11:49 »
Hi Im a lapsed GTI owner from many years ago. (strayed in Cayman 981 & 718 ownership)
Is it me but Im getting frustrated at no info re the hot Golfs. It was february when the launch
of the GTI was shown. Admittedly covid 19 has had an effect on being able to order but no news is now pushing
me towards the M135i !
I would be looking at the TCR - should I wait??
thanks

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 18 July 2020, 12:41 »
Hi Im a lapsed GTI owner from many years ago. (strayed in Cayman 981 & 718 ownership)
Is it me but Im getting frustrated at no info re the hot Golfs. It was february when the launch
of the GTI was shown. Admittedly covid 19 has had an effect on being able to order but no news is now pushing
me towards the M135i !
I would be looking at the TCR - should I wait??
thanks

Hi, welcome to the forum.

If you're itching to get something ordered then the Beemer could be a tempting option. Obviously COVID hasn't helped the situation, but I think VW's usual new GTi inefficiency has been further exacerbated by them prioritising electrification.

As has been said above, even if you could order tomorrow it's 50/50 whether it would turn up before Christmas. Spec / options are also as clear as mud around launch time.

I'm not really a fan of BMW's, but i'm also in no rush so happy to wait. My Mk7.5 isn't a  terrible option in the meantime. I suppose it depends on what you have now and whether there's any pressing need to replace it.
7.5 GTD

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 18 July 2020, 14:18 »
I think you could buy and own an m135 for 18 months before you would get a golf gti or r with how long orders take and actually when they open. 
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2020, 19:51 »
Ideally I'd like to see a mk8 gti before deciding but if it goes on much longer I'll either pick the m135i (which i have driven and is one hell of a hit hatch) or the i30n which is probably more fun but isn't Dsg anytime soon. So we shall see. My mk7.5 is with me now until Christmas so I've got a bit more time.... And right now I don't even need a car much 😔