Author Topic: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!  (Read 22777 times)

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
Re: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!
« Reply #120 on: 19 July 2012, 19:07 »
Love the wheels and the colour :cool:
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #121 on: 20 July 2012, 15:48 »
Black cars aren't for me...they look brilliant when pristine but the reality is they never are for more than a few hours at a time!

Front was Venture Shielded on Wednesday morning, and have already heard the first stone being stopped by it today. Will upload pictures on Monday of how unobtrusive the film is.

Bit of a gripe, there seems to be a creak coming from the passenger rear door. Sounds like leather rubbing, if it hasn't calmed down by the time the dealer wants it for a check up at 1000 miles then I'll mention it.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, the car attracts admiring glances everywhere it goes! Going to be adding a few miles onto it this weekend, heading up to Yorkshire to see the family (the long twisty way of course  :grin:) Then next week will be detailing.

The Leon went today (my brother's got it from me) and I think I only realised as it went how attached I've been to that car, hope the Golf exceeds the very high expectations I have for it!
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #122 on: 20 July 2012, 15:50 »
I reckon the creak comes from the lower trim section on the b piller

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #123 on: 25 July 2012, 16:50 »
It's coming from that area Wigit, will investigate (although need to work out how...I'm the only one driving it and it's a bit awkward whilst driving!  :grin:)

Did around 350 miles at the weekend visiting my parents, starting to add more load onto the engine and the car really is starting to come alive!

I can't find a situation where the car is out of it's depth, town, motorway, fast A-roads, tight B-roads.

Cleaned on Monday. The dealer actually did a fair job of preparing (apart from the inside of the windscreen was filthy, which I found when the sun finally came out!)

Mid clean and clean pics below...

Finished;

Will have to dust the SLR off and get some decent pictures.

And for those interested, close ups of the Venture Shield. This is the only giveaway;

From the front;

And from the rear;

Finally a bit of a rant;

Why the f#*k do dealers, not just VW, insist on putting the oily crappy s#*t on new alloy wheels!? As far as I can see all it does is attract crap and ruin my sponge!?

And the ipod/iphone connector doesn't properly fit an iphone 4.

Other than that, it's  :grin: all the way!

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #124 on: 25 July 2012, 17:03 »
Looks Good  :cool:

Have you had the ventureshiled across the front of the bonnet and all of the front bumper?

Who did it for you and what was the £££? Worthy investment IMO.  If mine hadn't had a few chips when I got it, I'd have had VS as it is a fantastic product.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #125 on: 25 July 2012, 17:53 »
There is no way i'd have it half way along the bonnet and wings, it'd drive me nuts!!
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Jimmymature

« Reply #126 on: 25 July 2012, 19:02 »
No chance of me getting Venture Shield - looks very odd

Jim

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #127 on: 25 July 2012, 19:26 »
Not for me either, it's like people buying a nice leather sofa and then covering it with a throw to protect it, just enjoy it for what it is  :evil:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #128 on: 25 July 2012, 21:45 »
There is an option to only have half the bonnet done, I went for the full bonnet so the only line you see is on the wings. It's slightly more obvious there as it was just after polishing and waxing. Covertech midlands are the company that did mine, they do loads for Ducati Coventry and also Morgan at the factory, and charged around the £500 mark.

I know it's not to everyone's taste and that's fair enough, but after the state of the front of my last 2 vehicles after just a couple of year's it's almost a no brainer now for me. The streak effect on the bonnet has pretty much faded entirely now it's had a couple of days with the sun on it.

From a couple of feet away even the keenest detailed wouldn't notice when looking from the front until they're given a heads up :) After looking around after mine being done there are more as covered than you'd think.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #129 on: 25 July 2012, 21:54 »
I know there's a lot of talk about VW's paint being cr@p but I have to say my 3 year old gti hardly had a stone chip on it when I sold it.  :smiley:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto