Author Topic: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!  (Read 22752 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!
« Reply #110 on: 17 July 2012, 19:05 »
looks superb Dave and the fastest colour, car just feels special in a way my rocco never did for the reasons you state

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #111 on: 17 July 2012, 19:43 »
Congratulations Dave. Looks the business, and the best colour too. Really like the standard Watkins Glen wheels as well.

I still enjoy driving my GTD as much now after a year of ownership as I did when I first took delivery. On the build quality front; maybe I've been lucky as my car's been pretty much squeak and rattle free, apart from the occasional buzz from the dashboard. I agree with you, there's lots of little touches that make the interior a nice place to be.

Enjoy............................. :smiley:

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #112 on: 17 July 2012, 20:05 »
Very very tidy love the ED35.  DSG is awesome too.  :drool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #113 on: 17 July 2012, 21:26 »
Ay it exists lol...and it's looking mighty :cool: too, all you need now is a ED35 badge for the rear wud set it off very nicely oh and maybe some ED35 seat inserts and a footrest of course, but of course that little stuff can be added in time :wink: just enjoy and care for it.....as if that last bit needed saying lol

Congrats mate!!!

Did you get the keyring? :lipsrsealed:  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 17 July 2012, 23:28 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #114 on: 17 July 2012, 21:33 »
Ay it exists lol...and it's looking mighty :cool: too, all you need now is a ED35 badge for the rear wud set it off very nicely oh and maybe some ED35 seat inserts and a footrest of course, but of course that little stuff can be added in time :wink: just enjoy and care for it.....as if hat last bit needed saying lol

Congrats mate!!!

Did you get the keyring? :lipsrsealed:  :laugh:

And a plaque ? :undecided:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #115 on: 17 July 2012, 22:08 »
think the 35 on the rear is a must, i've taken the GTI off the back and car looks less cluttered with just the 35

i ran mine in gently before i put my plan in action and have to say as a standard car its a cracker out the box

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #116 on: 17 July 2012, 22:56 »
The grey looks fantastic, it has such a depth to it when you see it in the flesh.

I think the DSG is excellent. I have a company Jag at the moment and the auto on that is so clumsy it's untrue.

A 35 badge on the rear is one of the few things if like to do, give it a few weeks and it'll be done.

No keyring! The dealer gave me some VW ones but if the ED35 keyringd come from VW then it may well be on its way.

Haven't been out in it today, but I'm genuinely looking forward to the morning when I can get back in it!!
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #117 on: 18 July 2012, 20:28 »
Saw a grey GTi yesterday and felt gutted I had bought a CW car, enjoy :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #118 on: 18 July 2012, 22:14 »
Saw a grey GTi yesterday and felt gutted I had bought a CW car, enjoy :cool:

When I bought my GTD, I narrowed the colour choice down to either Candy White or Carbon Grey. As I'd had white cars in the late 80's / early 90's when white was one of THE colours for hot / warm hatches, I decided on Carbon Grey and haven't regretted my choice - seems easier to look after than black (my previous 3 cars were black - must be a glutton for punishment!). I agree with Big Dave, Carbon Grey does look good - especially in bright light after polishing, glazing and waxing.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #119 on: 18 July 2012, 22:24 »
always been smitten with the carbon grey, the diamond pearl black on the Pirelli is a pain in the a$$ to look after