Author Topic: head unit temperamental  (Read 864 times)

Offline ross2

• Not said much yet
head unit temperamental
« on: 03 November 2007, 20:06 »
I have a sony headunit and all of a sudden after i reset the battery on my car the stereo just dont wanna play ball, the unit comes to life and all good, but it wont play my cd's anymore, it spits the cd's back out now, it registers theres a disc and then ejects it, also i cant get any radio channel and is constantly throwing up no PTY on the screen.
any help would be appreciated as this has just happened after the battery reset.

Offline Heyho

• Here all the time
Re: head unit temperamental
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2007, 10:36 »
Try another reset?

Offline Ruji

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 Golf GTi 8v (96) Anniversary Edition
Re: head unit temperamental
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2007, 01:34 »
sum golfs come factory fitted with sony headunits which could be reason as to why its playing up but i dontthink that has anything to do with it responding the way u say. only thing they add to factory fitted sonys are the anti theft built in alarm which is a rather annoying high pitched beeping sound if the facia screws are removed and tampered with. nevertheless...try the reset again as advised by the previous responder otherwise if its simple enough for yourself...remove the head unit from the din slot and un plug from the rear and...giv it a good blow from any dust on the housing and plug it back in and back into the slot..see if that helps.
Why pay big bucks when you can do it yourself???
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/rujiboy/WheelRefurbishmentProcess1.jpg
sig pic too large, see forum guidelines - admin