Author Topic: Advice for my 2nd golf mk3  (Read 5299 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: Advice for my 2nd golf mk3
« Reply #20 on: 18 November 2016, 14:37 »
Small turbo. Stacked gaskets. Eventually itll go bang

Offline Walshy155

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 18 November 2016, 17:32 »
well if it goes bang I have a reason to hunt for an engine then haha

although I was thinking small turbo at 3 or 4 psi just for fun as I can source loads of pipe for free and I'm a fab welder so I can fab the manifold up and boost piping the only way of thinking of getting more fuel into the engine is a FMU but the mono motronic uses a built in fuel pressure regulator so I cant think of any other way apart from the mk4 pump as you said mate but even then the regulator will defeat the mk4 gti pump

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #22 on: 18 November 2016, 18:34 »
Hmmm.... Go carbs and have the floats altered so they can cope with a turbo.
Only way i can see getting around it without standalone management.
Or 2nd injector plumbed in on a switch just above the tb to ad fuel.

Offline Walshy155

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 18 November 2016, 18:47 »
I know its a stupid question but I have a few boxfuls of mk3 parts from when I bought my old golf mk3 rolling stones and luckily I kept them ever since and I have an injector rail with inectors and a pressure regulator, how would I plumb fuel into this and how would I operate it correctly as far as injection timing goes and where would I even wire the injector to. thanks mate

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #24 on: 18 November 2016, 19:07 »
Youd have to adapt the inlet manifold to accept the injectors. If you were going to do that id bupass the single point.
Injector timing i dont know without standalone management. Or change the engine loom to one with 4 i jectors and swap ecu. But by the time youve done that you may aswell have stuck a 2litre 8v in with a turbo bolted to it

Offline Walshy155

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 18 November 2016, 20:12 »
I was thinking of running the extra injector in parrarell off the single point injector terminals although this would probably half the injection pulse width to cope with an extra injector so basically sharing the power between two injectors then that would be no benefit sadly, I've seen this done before on a 2slow mk3 where he had a switch for an extra injector on the gearstick and that was a complete junkyard turbo build and ran oem fuelling and ignition