Author Topic: dump valve issue  (Read 1575 times)

Offline marc gti turbo

• Just got here
dump valve issue
« on: 04 June 2012, 15:39 »
4 weeks ago i bought a mk4 gti turbo with fekt engine . and so far it got a new engine new coil overs a stainlessteel and every thing has been cheaked . and passed its m.o.t . i got a forge splitter dv. it dosent seem to be dumping  well just the odd time . will it need adjusted ????can anyone give me more ideas on what to do with iti dont want it to be over the top. thanks

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Re: dump valve issue
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2012, 16:38 »
If I remember correctly the forge splitter needs to be set up to suit the power your running. Wind it right off then bring it back in 22 clicks and see what its like from there. Its the stiffness that adjustable so if it too stiff or too slack it wont work as it should.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline marc gti turbo

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2012, 16:59 »
If I remember correctly the forge splitter needs to be set up to suit the power your running. Wind it right off then bring it back in 22 clicks and see what its like from there. Its the stiffness that adjustable so if it too stiff or too slack it wont work as it should.
thanks mate i herd somthing about twisting something . so twist it all the way to the left then twist 22 clicks to the right ???

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2012, 17:02 »
Yeah mate thats right....then just take if for a run and see what like.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline gti gaz

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2012, 20:43 »
as above  :grin:

Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!