Author Topic: Askmid.com Details Incorrect  (Read 8345 times)

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
Askmid.com Details Incorrect
« on: 20 August 2014, 11:01 »
Hi all... I need some advice.

I inherited a personal registration number a few years ago, and after putting it on my vehicle found that the database was stating that the plate was insured against 'Mitsubishi Fork, Agricultural' type vehicle. Now I'm pretty sure my Seat Leon FR was a Seat hot hatch and not a Mitsubishi tractor, so some to-ing and fro-ing between the MID and Admiral as it was at the time (both denying fault) finally got the problem sorted.

Fast forward to July 2012, new car (ED35), same insurance company. Car was showing as the Golf on the database. I thought that was the last of the problems.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, same car, different insurance company from the start of the year. The details now show as the same Mitsubishi again. After getting in touch with my insurance company, they have informed me there are 2 entries on the Askmid system for my reg  :angry: :shocked:

I've checked vehicle details on the DVLA system, which are correct and have no trace of the plate on a Mitsubishi. Quite awkward as I am now out of the country for a few months with work... but can anyone shed any light on this?!
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline riduna

• Just got here
Re: Askmid.com Details Incorrect
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2017, 07:00 »
Well, I know this is bumping an old topic but . .

(a) did you every get to the bottom of this
(b) did the personal plate concerned happen to have be a Leicester (I think) plate with the letters "AY"  somewhere in it?