Author Topic: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?  (Read 102335 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?
« Reply #80 on: 17 January 2011, 00:31 »
Just done the staging and the big speedo in the MFD, I also now how the option to have either temp or kmh in the lower display selectable via MFD, winner winner chicken dinner :-)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #81 on: 17 January 2011, 19:10 »
I did the staging earlier too i just found it a shame all the dials don't do it. FIATs and Alfas have done it for years as self tests. :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #82 on: 17 January 2011, 22:10 »
If you want to know the day your car was built then do the following.

17-Instruments, Advanced Measuring Values and select the channel called "Day Counter"

This gives the number of days since your car was built.

Mine looks like this

You can then use a date calculator like THIS to find the build date.

This means mine was born on the 19th February 2010.. which concurs with my build week  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 18 January 2011, 12:05 by mike. »
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
« Reply #83 on: 18 January 2011, 19:05 »
Nice one! :wink:

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #84 on: 19 January 2011, 11:12 »
Saved me a job, many thanks  :wink:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #85 on: 22 January 2011, 21:14 »
There must be more i can customise  :evil: Im getting itchy fingers.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2011, 18:48 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #86 on: 13 February 2011, 10:57 »
Does anyone know if I can activate the extra convenience features you guys have without the MFSW?
I'm only getting an SE and it just had the up/down and reset button on the stalk? It could be done on the Leon by fitting a larger MFD, but all the Golf's have the same size one I believe?
'13 Audi A3 8V S-Line - Dakota Grey - 2.0TDI 150 - MMI Plus Nav - Bang&Olufsen - Comfort Pack - LED Lighting Pack - Comms Pack - Model and Technology Badge Deletion

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #87 on: 13 February 2011, 11:32 »
Does anyone know if I can activate the extra convenience features you guys have without the MFSW?
I'm only getting an SE and it just had the up/down and reset button on the stalk? It could be done on the Leon by fitting a larger MFD, but all the Golf's have the same size one I believe?

I don't know anything about your MFD but on the highline version you need up down left and right along with the OK button control it, so you may have to fit an MFSW to get full functionality, if you can indeed get full functionality  :undecided:

Sounds like we'll be spending some time on your motor  :grin:

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #88 on: 13 February 2011, 16:44 »

I don't know anything about your MFD but on the highline version you need up down left and right along with the OK button control it, so you may have to fit an MFSW to get full functionality, if you can indeed get full functionality  :undecided:

Sounds like we'll be spending some time on your motor  :grin:

Doc, at this rate I'll just take the plunge on the MFSW and hope for the best, the ones I've seen don't come with the air bag, but I think they're all the same aren't they? The centre bit?
I'm just not too sure on whether the required looms will be there :(
'13 Audi A3 8V S-Line - Dakota Grey - 2.0TDI 150 - MMI Plus Nav - Bang&Olufsen - Comfort Pack - LED Lighting Pack - Comms Pack - Model and Technology Badge Deletion

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #89 on: 13 February 2011, 16:55 »
Just to add Doc, there is a guide on an MK5 Golf with part numbers, new modules etc seem straight forward, if I can get a cheap steering wheel, then this mod should cost me under £200 plus your help with VCDS :D hehe
Just wondering if it'll be the same part numbers or not for the MK6?