Author Topic: MK7.5 GTI GPF Revo stage 1, has anyone had this done  (Read 5396 times)

Offline ab2021

• Just got here
MK7.5 GTI GPF Revo stage 1, has anyone had this done
« on: 22 February 2021, 12:24 »
Afternoon Ladies and Gents, new to the forum and mk7.5 gti performance ownership. had the car 6 months now and looking to have a revo stage 1 map flashed in on my first service (next friday with 7k miles on the clock) decided to do the first service early as will be keeping this one for the next 6-7 years all being well.

I have never had a car mapped before and do 15-17k miles per annum, just wondered if anyone has any long term reviews of having this done with REVO just as reassurance if you like it wont compromise the reliability. I understand ill loose the manufacturer warranty when I get it done so just wanted to make sure its not going to cause any issues further down the line. Any advise or experience would be gratefully appriciated.

Thanks

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: MK7.5 GTI GPF Revo stage 1, has anyone had this done
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2021, 12:46 »
No reason to expect a Stage 1 tune to cause much drama.

Of course if it does, its on you to sort out.

You'll probably find the biggest problem is that you've got a lot of traction issues and could have clutch ones at some point.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ab2021

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2021, 12:56 »
Would you say i would have clutch issues even if the car is DSG? (apologies if this is a stupid question)

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2021, 13:22 »
You shouldnt have any issues with DSG, manual choccy clutch is a different story!
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline ab2021

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2021, 13:24 »
Thanks good to know! and finally do you go APR or REVO? APR offer DSG tune aswell as engine tune where as REVO just offer the engine tune. cost is about the same just dont know which one is best as it seems not many 7.5 GPF owners have done this yet. again any advise or experience appriciated

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2021, 13:37 »
I cant comment on which one is better for 7.5's with the GPF fitted, but both companies are reputable with lots of testing done on the car prior to release of the tunes.I would personally go APR with the DSG tune. Im sure others on here have views about which is better, you can also use the search function.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline bigA3519

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2021, 19:01 »
Have a APR stage 1 on mine with a R600 induction in my 7.5gti pp dsg. No issue with gear box. Car drives superb tbh. I did wonder if I needed the dsg map too but not necessary unless going stage 2 etc. As for traction, as expected, you're spinning in 1 and 2 depending on weather conditions but top of 2 into 3  :cool  :grin:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2021, 19:13 »
I thought the Dsg map has nothing to do with increasing the power capability but was about changing the shift points and in particular trying to fix the thing where it holds the red line for too long in sport mode.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline bigA3519

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 22 February 2021, 19:45 »
I thought the Dsg map has nothing to do with increasing the power capability but was about changing the shift points and in particular trying to fix the thing where it holds the red line for too long in sport mode.

Yes this is correct as far as I know too. All about the points of gear change etc.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2021, 11:45 »
Tvs is supposed to be the best for dsg.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.