Author Topic: My Perfect EQ Settings (Dynaudio)  (Read 39128 times)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Re: My Perfect EQ Settings (Dynaudio)
« Reply #20 on: 30 January 2014, 13:58 »
Good call.  Was just wondering if some guys may require a different setup when a lot of bass is required.  But I was wondering whether to use Authentic as my overall profile & EQ setup, then maybe have a Dynamic setup when I feel like a lot more bass than is possible with Authentic. 

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 30 January 2014, 14:04 »
I tweaked the fader setting this morning, pushing it back a couple of notches, and it does result in a more "enveloping" sound, rather than everything coming at you from the dashboard.
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 30 January 2014, 14:17 »
I tweaked the fader setting this morning, pushing it back a couple of notches, and it does result in a more "enveloping" sound, rather than everything coming at you from the dashboard.

You say that, I don't find that the 'front right' sound focus is particularly bad. I do remember on my Mk6 I had to push it back to get fuller sound you're referring to - don't think the rear speakers were up to the job in the Mk6 though.

Going to go for authentic and push the mids/ lows and drop the treble on the way home tonight. Now just need to identify a suitable test track..
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 04 February 2014, 01:13 »
I've moved the focus to one behind the centre of the car (so it's just over into the rear part of the car) and threw my bass up to 5 on Dynaudio and 5 on Subwoofer, with the rest set the same as Monsta and it sounds the best it ever has on dance music.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline iandjm

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 04 February 2014, 21:03 »
Hi,

I have just been able to compare the Dynaudio in my Mk7 with my Mk6  (My mum bought my Mk6) and the bass response in the Mk6 is vastly better  :sad:   I am not sure why but the door speakers have far far more bass response / punch / depth than my MK7.  I am not sure if the new speakers or amplifier are the issue, I am still yet to find where the amplifier is in the Mk7. Anyone know?

I am still hoping the new speakers will 'run in' in time.  What are your thoughts?

Ian
2017 MY Golf R 3dr DSG | Lapiz Blue | Dynaudio | Heated Screen | Advanced Phone | Sat Nav | Winter Pack

Offline stu79

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 04 February 2014, 22:23 »
Hi,

I have just been able to compare the Dynaudio in my Mk7 with my Mk6  (My mum bought my Mk6) and the bass response in the Mk6 is vastly better  :sad:   I am not sure why but the door speakers have far far more bass response / punch / depth than my MK7.  I am not sure if the new speakers or amplifier are the issue, I am still yet to find where the amplifier is in the Mk7. Anyone know?

I am still hoping the new speakers will 'run in' in time.  What are your thoughts?

Ian

I'm actually convinced that they've used standard drivers in mine rather than the Dynaudio drivers for exactly this reason. The sound is constrained and not what I would expect, given how good it was in my MK6. Can't fault the rest of the car but feel let down by the Dynaudio.
On order. CSG Mk7 GTI. BW 46 - Now arrived.

Offline iandjm

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 04 February 2014, 22:45 »
Hi,

Ian

I'm actually convinced that they've used standard drivers in mine rather than the Dynaudio drivers for exactly this reason. The sound is constrained and not what I would expect, given how good it was in my MK6. Can't fault the rest of the car but feel let down by the Dynaudio.

I was quite shocked when I had both cars side by side and played the same song in each car to compare.  The Mk7's speakers seem to bottom out at anything but low volumes  :cry:
2017 MY Golf R 3dr DSG | Lapiz Blue | Dynaudio | Heated Screen | Advanced Phone | Sat Nav | Winter Pack

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 04 February 2014, 22:51 »
The bass though has been driven to the sub and so the speakers wont be as punchy as the mk6. In theory its probably the subs fault.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline iandjm

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 04 February 2014, 22:54 »
The bass though has been driven to the sub and so the speakers wont be as punchy as the mk6. In theory its probably the subs fault.

Thats true I guess, and the sub is as good as useless unless you have the sound really quiet

Offline VWNOS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 05 February 2014, 08:37 »
Is there any way of checking the part numbers for a std car vs a Dynaudio-fitted car, to confirm that VW are indeed fitting uprated speakers to Dynaudio cars?