Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2780301 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11120 on: 04 March 2021, 15:33 »
Thanks all.

I'll take a look.
7.5 GTD

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11121 on: 04 March 2021, 18:04 »
Am I right in assuming that I could completely wash my car with a pressure washer this way?

Doesn't have to be perfect, I can't wash cars by hand and this would be very useful.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #11122 on: 04 March 2021, 18:09 »
Am I right in assuming that I could completely wash my car with a pressure washer this way?

Doesn't have to be perfect, I can't wash cars by hand and this would be very useful.

You could but I use the good old bucket and wash pad on the wash stage. I do my wife’s up without touching it as she’s not that bothered. It looks ok but really needs that contact part imo.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11123 on: 04 March 2021, 19:57 »

Spray pre wash and leave for 10. Then rinse

Spray wash and wipe with wool mitt across and up and down. Rinse in bucket with gravel guard and do each section leaving bottom to last.

But yes essentially you could.

Rinse and then spray seal and then rinse and dry. Basically it. Yes using jet wash and bucket or two buckets
« Last Edit: 04 March 2021, 19:59 by Kpow99 »
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11124 on: 05 March 2021, 06:17 »
Cheers guys, that does sound quite promising. 

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #11125 on: 05 March 2021, 13:34 »
Post wrong thread trying find delete lol
« Last Edit: 05 March 2021, 13:37 by Britman »

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #11126 on: 05 March 2021, 14:29 »
I've got to be honest, I don't notice any difference after the "snow foam". I'm using ProKleen, with their lance. Something has changed recently in that the mixture doesn't thicken up like it used to, I've tried adjusting the nozzle but to no avail. I'm torn - I don't really want to buy another when the one I have doesn't seem to do anything

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11127 on: 05 March 2021, 15:48 »
I done a quick oil change with a extractor, this was the first oil change I have ever done. What can I say it was a pleasure diy on my little gti.
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #11128 on: 05 March 2021, 21:33 »
Cleaned my car today, first time this year,(a long story) but the car is now clean. I used Autosol on the exhaust tips to remove the soot as my car is amongst the last of the pre OPF GTIs. Things are shiny now.

« Last Edit: 06 March 2021, 10:35 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #11129 on: 06 March 2021, 00:25 »
Gave mine its first wash in 2 month the other day, then the day after washed it again and decided to give it a mini detail. I try not to touch the paint throughout the worst of winter if I'm honest as washing in winter I've found often does more harm than good.

I use the optimum no rinse (ONR) wash method which I've used for roughly for 18 months now and I find it much better than the 2BM which I'd previously used for 11 years 😳

It was dark by the time I'd finished but the cameras on phones these days are pretty amazing and managed to capture this from only the light coming through the kitchen window and the light from the moon.

I got a bit giddy and swapped the winter wheels for the summers which proved to be far too premature.