Author Topic: Custom Colour  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Re: Custom Colour
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2013, 16:46 »
Do a search on the mk6 forum for a post by me. I asked as did a couple of people in 2010 dealers said no. BUT vw uk when contacting the right person said YES you can have one of the german special order colours  just the dealer had to put in a request.
Im sure a copy of the original letter was posted more than once on the forum when the question came up.
I know I posted it a few times on what to do. Dealers rarely have a clue what they can and cannot do.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent enquiry. I am delighted to learn of your continued interest in Volkswagen, in order to request a non standard colour on the order; the retailer will need to request a special build from the factory. If your retailer calls or emails our sales team then they can request this build from the factory.

Regards

Damien Quirk extension 63296
Volkswagen Enquiry Management

Damien.Quirk@volkswagen.co.uk
www.volkswagen.co.uk

That was a few years back now.
« Last Edit: 08 June 2013, 17:07 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 08 June 2013, 17:43 »
Do a search on the mk6 forum for a post by me. I asked as did a couple of people in 2010 dealers said no. BUT vw uk when contacting the right person said YES you can have one of the german special order colours  just the dealer had to put in a request.
Im sure a copy of the original letter was posted more than once on the forum when the question came up.
I know I posted it a few times on what to do. Dealers rarely have a clue what they can and cannot do.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent enquiry. I am delighted to learn of your continued interest in Volkswagen, in order to request a non standard colour on the order; the retailer will need to request a special build from the factory. If your retailer calls or emails our sales team then they can request this build from the factory.

Regards

Damien Quirk extension 63296
Volkswagen Enquiry Management

Damien.Quirk@volkswagen.co.uk
www.volkswagen.co.uk

That was a few years back now.

I would expect you'd have to put down enough non-refundable deposit to cover the special colour request as if you pull out they might not find anyone else to stump up 1700-odd euros for the paint no matter how much they might like it.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Marcus007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 08 June 2013, 19:46 »
Thanks for all the input guys.

I am really surprised that VW don't offer this colour in the UK surely they could drop one of the silvers and give us at least one wacky option. I am bored with all the monochrome colours german manufacturers seem to offer nowadays, at least companies like ford do give some unusual options.

I will pay the dealer a visit and see what he thinks, if I have to pay circa 1.5k for the blue I think I will bite the bullet and go for it. You never know it could be quite sought after come resale and I may be able to claw some of the cost back :undecided:

Jules Winfield

« Reply #13 on: 08 June 2013, 21:34 »
Make sure they actually do check with VW UK and don't just say no because they think that custom colours aren't available.  You know what dealers are like...

Offline Marcus007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 09 June 2013, 07:04 »
Will do Jules, I wont let them off the hook too easily, thanks :smiley: