Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 318747 times)

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1140 on: 27 June 2013, 12:01 »
I was a little worried that the tracker stopped recognising my order number yesterday, but after reading some of the comments on here that the system might be refreshing I relaxed a little and so was hoping to see a "Build Week Confirmed" status today. It is recognised again today but, of course, I am still getting my paperwork stamped on "Processing Your Order".  :cry: :cry:

Can any of you guys tell me how long it takes on average (if there is an average), for an order to change from "Processing Your Order" to "Build Week Confirmed" ? I put in my replacement order two weeks ago and was hoping to have a confirmed week number by now. I will be asking the Dealer, but you know I will get more sense here ! Also can someone confirm if the week numbers are the standard calendar week numbers and not something weird i.e. Week 1 is first week of January ?

Can anyone post a screenshot of what you see when it does move to "Build Week Confirmed" (with your order number blurred out is necessary) ? At the moment all I see is the Car, Colour and Upholstery details. Was worried that it might come with Titan Black but Dealer assures me it will be Jacaro Red (got it in writing just in case)

cheers

My 'processing' has been on-going since the 15th of May, so 6 weeks and no change. Best to check it once a week, that way you won't get too down hearted.

I expect 'processing' to change around the end of July though. That would make it 10 or 11 weeks since order?
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1141 on: 27 June 2013, 12:21 »
Im not as my current car is on VW finance but its splashed all over the VW dealers showroom and website up here. Ask in the service department not from sales. every other manufacturer does it monthly.

I was on VW Finance and I still could pay for the service on DD - you need to push them on this Bear!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1142 on: 27 June 2013, 12:39 »
You can have your service pack on your financed total for the , just as if it was an option like metallic paint etc. You'll be paying interest on it as per the car, or take the cost of it out of your deposit/equity (from the p/x) and pay for it outright. Driving a GTD instead of a GTI I can just add up a few months fuel savings to buy it outright!  :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1143 on: 27 June 2013, 12:49 »
You can have your service pack on your financed total for the , just as if it was an option like metallic paint etc. You'll be paying interest on it as per the car, or take the cost of it out of your deposit/equity (from the p/x) and pay for it outright. Driving a GTD instead of a GTI I can just add up a few months fuel savings to buy it outright!  :whistle:

:grin: That made me laugh!

This is a few years ago, but I paid for my service part separately - there may have been some interest (can't remember) but it would have been minimal.  So I had two DD's, one for the car and one for the service.  I don't know if they still do this though.
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1144 on: 27 June 2013, 13:00 »
Ok, well I'm not financing through VW, I'm paying outright.  They implied if it was a finance deal then things would be different.  What I asked was could the service pack and/or extended warranty be paid for monthly (like with my current car).  They responded to say no "optional extras" could be paid for monthly.

This is typical of their responses and yet again leaves me with little confidence they have understood the question or given an accurate answer.  Thinking about it I'm not sure any answer they've given my thus far has been accurate on the first attempt.  Its usually two or three "clarifying" questions from me later before they trig what I'm asking.  Examples are when they thought my request for an "update on the estimated BW" was me questioning if they had actually ordered it, when I asked what SD cards were compatible with the Pro Nav and was told nav maps come preloaded... :huh: or when I asked for details on the extended warranty and they just restated the price.

I'm gonna have to go back to them on this one as well I see!  VW Listers are not scoring very well so far.  Service is hugely less impressive than I had from Ford on my last car. :angry:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1145 on: 27 June 2013, 13:15 »
I'd go back to them Bear.  It's not an optional extra, its a service pack.  There is literally no reason why it can't be paid for on DD - that's why people do DD's in order to spread the cost instead of outlaying all in one hit - I'm guessing they just haven't understand you as they sound like numptys.
Audi RS5 2018

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1146 on: 27 June 2013, 13:17 »
Bill: I suppose if you're not financing the car it may be more difficult to finance the service pack - they just won't think it's worth their while to give you a £369 loan. It's good to be able to avoid the VW finance if you've got the readies or get a loan elsewhere at a cheaper APR (not an option for me, nowhere is cheaper than VW's APR right now for the £20k finance i'll be wanting - all the cheap loans seem to top out at £15k). The servicing drops from £369 to £249 with finance.

Either way, a change in policy will be down to VWUK/VW finance and not the dealership, but the dealerships do seem to know less about the products we're selling than we do. Nearly every dealer I have spoken to in the past doesn't know how the loan works e.g. high GFV and low repayments means paying more interest over a longer period, so VW make more interest.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1147 on: 27 June 2013, 13:34 »
Bill: I suppose if you're not financing the car it may be more difficult to finance the service pack - they just won't think it's worth their while to give you a £369 loan. It's good to be able to avoid the VW finance if you've got the readies or get a loan elsewhere at a cheaper APR (not an option for me, nowhere is cheaper than VW's APR right now for the £20k finance i'll be wanting - all the cheap loans seem to top out at £15k). The servicing drops from £369 to £249 with finance.

Either way, a change in policy will be down to VWUK/VW finance and not the dealership, but the dealerships do seem to know less about the products we're selling than we do. Nearly every dealer I have spoken to in the past doesn't know how the loan works e.g. high GFV and low repayments means paying more interest over a longer period, so VW make more interest.
The service pack isnt a loan. Its a monthly direct debit paid up front that covers you for servicing. Its stand alone from finance so they obviously dont know what they are talking about. Speak to the service department they will know.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1148 on: 27 June 2013, 13:35 »
Speak to the service department they will know.

This.
Audi RS5 2018

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1149 on: 27 June 2013, 13:42 »

I'm getting mine on 3 yr PCP, and they chucked in SMT for free as part of the deal, also added PP for free too. Feel I got quite a good deal!! Now if I could just get my car as my roco is going to need 4 new tyres soon!!