Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316765 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1100 on: 26 June 2013, 10:17 »
I expected to find an email from my dealer this morning since I dropped them one last night saying a lot of people are getting updates where is mine?  Nothing.  Not even an email saying no change, let alone one saying my BW has come forward 5 weeks like I'm secretly hoping it has! :sad:

Call VW Exec Customer Service on 0844 375 4625 and see if they can help.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1101 on: 26 June 2013, 10:32 »
I expected to find an email from my dealer this morning since I dropped them one last night saying a lot of people are getting updates where is mine?  Nothing.  Not even an email saying no change, let alone one saying my BW has come forward 5 weeks like I'm secretly hoping it has! :sad:

Call VW Exec Customer Service on 0844 375 4625 and see if they can help.

Thanks thats a good idea.  However, I had been talking to Lisa at VWUK and last week she basically said she can't tell me anything more than the dealer, who will know things first anyway so no point in doing anything but waiting for my dealer to update me.  I might give in and try it though!

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1102 on: 26 June 2013, 10:41 »
Can't hurt to try mate.  I've just found my contact there far more cooperative and helpful, and regularly called me and sent me texts.  From my dealer, nothing, and I surprised them by asking for details on delivery times now my build date has been confirmed...
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1103 on: 26 June 2013, 11:40 »
Phoned that number and mine has moved a week forward to provisional 35, better than going backwards I suppose.
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1104 on: 26 June 2013, 11:52 »
Just spoke to VW on the above number. They were a bit curious as to how I got the number but more than happy to help.

I've an unconfirmed BW38 (retailer said it would be an Oct/early Nov delivery but wouldn't give a BW) so no change either way for me.

Ordered mid May (GTD).
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #1105 on: 26 June 2013, 12:03 »
Just emailed VW to find out why I have gone from unconfirmed week 22 TO 26 TO 35,first time I have chased it up but after 12 weeks of waiting i am still none the wiser and I am losing patience now. :rolleyes:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1106 on: 26 June 2013, 12:07 »
BW35 keeps coming up a lot.  Is it wishful thinking to hope I'm gonna come forward from 39/40 to 35 like Jimble has? :evil:  BW35 was roughly what I originally hoped for, just after the 63 plate.  And it would be a reasonable date, long wait but justified.  I don't see how BW40 can be considered reasonable in any way.

Come on VW, give me a heads up!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1107 on: 26 June 2013, 12:29 »
At the early stages of ordering, did they consider the impact of the shutdown? It seems that the biggest losers in the revised timings are those that were always post-shutdown or becaume post shutdown after order amendments. Maybe pre-shutdown building is behind shedule, bumping us all back?

I guess we'll never know, but for Bill, an early confirmation of BW39/40 seems ridiculous unless he's order no 5 or 6 in a strictly adhered to allocation queue at his supplying dealership.

I haven't had the will to check the status of mine, but TBH i'm not really bothered, my Scirocco has really perked up in the warmer weather recently, it's like a different car right now. I will probably ask for a status update when I go to the dealership to see my dad's car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1108 on: 26 June 2013, 12:35 »
I've been notified today that mine has moved forward again to BW35 after slipping to BW37 a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like BW35 is going to be a busy week!!

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1109 on: 26 June 2013, 12:36 »
You could be right, well, it fits with my situation anyway and I think for simonpolly too.

Simonpolly's move from 22 to 26 I think indicates delays with all builds.  22 was always optimistic but putting back to 26 is probably because everything got shoved back around the 22 point.  His further change to 35 is extreme, but could partially be due to shutdown.

Meanwhile I started out with a "July/August" delivery, but "might come forward".  This would fit with not taking shut down into account.  After shutdown was factored in I ended up at 36.  That is a push back of 6-8 weeks so shutdown plus early delays fits.  Moving to 39/40 later is unexplained.  If I moved back to 35 (still hoping) it would reverse that unexplained delay.

EDIT:
I've been notified today that mine has moved forward again to BW35 after slipping to BW37 a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like BW35 is going to be a busy week!!

Right, thats it.  I'm emailing my dealer again!