Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316525 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #970 on: 14 June 2013, 15:53 »
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm fully expecting my order to be pushed back to week 40-42 soon.  At least this way if it stays at 37-39 or comes forward I'll feel good about it.

Far cry from the promised delivery of around wk30.  I suppose technically it wasn't "promised" but you don't expect to add 3 months to what was already a long wait without at least some sort of explanation.  Best they have come up with so far is "it might be the DSG" and as monkeyhanger pointed out that is BS.

We're just going to have to hang in there.  I've decided I'm still interested in the updates from Lisa every so often but I'm not going to push for an explanation or anything any more as it seems clear now they're not going to offer one, or if they are Lisa will tell me anyway.

I so want this car... VW Y U NO BUILD FASTER?????  November looks a long long way off...

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #971 on: 14 June 2013, 16:45 »
I feel your pain Whiteshirt!

Thanks but not as much as I do...
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #972 on: 14 June 2013, 17:28 »
Just got off the phone with VWUK to ask if there was any particular reason why my order has now gone to BW40? The answer was "all the GTI's will be allocated bw's together"  :grin:
I told him that i know of a few that are already being built and also a few that have confirmed bw's way before mine and have ordered the same time or later, he then changed the subject to "i have about 10~15 calls a day with the same sort of question" and "he" puts it down to the GTI being so popular! :grin:

He couldn't give me a straight answer apart from you can't order any colours other than those available in the UK. :cry:

I ask ya, what a bunch of numpties!!

Oh well, the wait continues......
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #973 on: 14 June 2013, 17:34 »
Just got off the phone with VWUK to ask if there was any particular reason why my order has now gone to BW40? The answer was "all the GTI's will be allocated bw's together"  :grin:
I told him that i know of a few that are already being built and also a few that have confirmed bw's way before mine and have ordered the same time or later, he then changed the subject to "i have about 10~15 calls a day with the same sort of question" and "he" puts it down to the GTI being so popular! :grin:

What is with the changing the story when you caught him in the ... false info?  Was his first answer the VW official view, but he gave you a more frank answer... though not a more helpful one...?

And so it continues...

Offline George k

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #974 on: 14 June 2013, 17:40 »
There is a delay on DSG as it is the same gearbox used on all brands so the allocation of boxes when made is spread across all of them equally.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #975 on: 14 June 2013, 17:42 »
There is a delay on DSG as it is the same gearbox used on all brands so the allocation of boxes when made is spread across all of them equally.

Ok, but even if true that doesn't explain why an order placed a month ago is to be built in a month, while orders placed 2 months ago have another 4 months to wait. What happened to first come first served?  I don't think dealer allocation can make up the difference here!

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #976 on: 14 June 2013, 19:08 »
VWUK on twitter announce the 30th million Golf rolled of the production line today. Pity they can't hurry up with our GTI's.
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline redpoppies

• Just got here
« Reply #977 on: 14 June 2013, 19:10 »
I have read all your post with interest and thought it would be helpful if I added my experience so I have registered on your forum.

I ordered a 5 door DSG with leather and ACC on 10/4/2013. The order notification commitment date was 1/7/2013. The subsequent unconfirmed build week from the Dealer until last week was week 27. The unconfirmed build date from dealer today was week 39. The Dealer said they have not been ( presumably from VW UK) given any specific reasons as to why there are delays and that all dealers are in the same boat.

I will update whenever I receive a revised date.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #978 on: 14 June 2013, 19:44 »
Ok, so instead of being confirmed BW28 today I've now been bumped to BW35. This is a f7cking p!sstake. To say I am livid is an understatement.

Way I'm feeling, this will be the last VW I ever buy.

Same as me build week 22 to 27 to 35 and all they can say is its because of the factory shutdown,I pointed out this was only 4 weeks not 13.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #979 on: 14 June 2013, 20:40 »
The ironic thing is... When I sat down & placed an order with my dealer back in March, he was pretty confident that it would be a June delivery... Worse case scenario was July at the latest!  It couldn't be further from the truth.  :grin:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)